Home General Discussion
Options

Gurkha Weekend Blitz 10-21-10

A couple questions about the weekend blitz and this one specifically. A) Are all weekend blitz deals the same for everyone? It seems like it but wasn't sure. B) I have never had ANY Gurkha cigars before so I thought at $3.70/stick (after shipping and tax) that there was no better time to try some of their varieties than now. So did I make the right decision on jumping in on this deal or can you find Gurkha cigars cheaper elsewhere? C) What would be your favorite Gurkha in this blitz line-up? I heard Legend, and triple ligero are pretty good. 2 x Gurkha Centurian XX (6"x60) 2 x Gurkha Legend Robusto (6"x50) 2 x Gurkha's Park Avenue Churchill (7"x48) 2 x Gurkha Triple Ligero Toro (6.1"x52) 2 x Gurkha Gold Collection Edition Robusto #4 (6"x50) 2 x Gurkha Regent Torpedo (6.5"x52) 2 x Gurkha Symphony Toro (6"x50) 2 x Gurkha Master Select Robusto #4 (6"x52) Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    also, how do I get paragraph and line breaks in this forum? Cuz I didn't mean for that to be all one paragraph. lol.
  • Options
    RaschNutsRaschNuts Posts: 882
    i havent tried all of these but the legend is a great smoke. i have some of the other gurkhas sitting in my humi also. But so far every gurkha i have had i enjoyed. You will find mixed reviews on this forum though.

to do the line break use br in the middle of <>
  • Options
    krebsiekrebsie Moderator Posts: 86 admin
    There is a nice thread about this toppic of formating your posts, here it is. Format your post
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    of all the Gurkhas I've had, that blitz sampler has all the ones I liked. that's part of whats cool about this hobby is trying new stuff and deciding what you like
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Without really looking into prices that deal does look really good. If I didn't have numerous of all of those already I would have jumped on it.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    If I had room in my humi, I'd pick this up too but just ordered 15 San Lotanos...

Looks like a great deal to dry diff smokes at that price.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    Without really looking into prices that deal does look really good. If I didn't have numerous of all of those already I would have jumped on it.

I looked into the ccom prices and there wasn't any of those sticks that were under $4.75 and most of them were in the $6-$9 range. The centurian is a $20 stick and the legend is a $15 stick. So that alone makes it worth it financially.
    I just didn't know if these specific Gurkha's were even worth the MSRP.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    newbiesmoker24:
    rwheelwright:

I looked into the ccom prices and there wasn't any of those sticks that were under $4.75 and most of them were in the $6-$9 range. The centurian is a $20 stick and the legend is a $15 stick. So that alone makes it worth it financially.
    I just didn't know if these specific Gurkha's were even worth the MSRP.
    You will learn very early on that MSRP means nothing when it comes to cigars. The centurian can have an MSRP of $40 but the average guy here will usually pay between $5-$6. This is still a good deal as most weekend and daily deals are. If you really want to know the inside scoop, call the 800 number and a rep. will answer. They will be your rep as long as you are in the hobby and hook you up on one-on-one deals. You don't have to use the same rep. everytime, some guys just like it because they will begin to know you and build a relationship on certain sticks you like and dislike. Just give em a call and let us know how it went.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    zeebra:
    If I had room in my humi, I'd pick this up too but just ordered 15 San Lotanos...

Looks like a great deal to dry diff smokes at that price.
    They're Gurkha's maybe you should buy the Weekend blitz and the cigar.com humi to store them. :) My opinion is Gurkha's are like Jello there is always room for Gurkha's.
  • Options
    My opinion is Gurkha's are like Jello there is always room for Gurkha's.

I like that description. I am getting the feeling that the consensus is they are just like any other hyped up brand. They are good cigars but not as much as MSRP says they are.

Either way I can't wait to try them all out! Then I will know which ones to buy in the future!!!!!