Home General Discussion

262 Underground

Comments

The official launch is January 1st. The website is done and a few final tweaks are being made. I will be privately inviting a few people to join here during the next few weeks. I will send you the info so you can sign up. I just need to touch up some missions and add more forum categories but in the meantime the guys who sign up can check it all out and give some feedback.

All 262 reps here PM me so I can send you the info - we need you guys to sign yourselves up. To my other interested buddies here PM me and I will shoot you the same info by Monday.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok guys we are doing a soft launch so anyone here who is interested can sign up for the Underground. Please visit www.smoketherevolution.com/underground and sign up if you are interested. There are small forums and the missions are live if you want to get started. If you have questions let me know or post them in the forums there. This is for the people who want to get a deeper look into the cigar industry while earning rewards. You can do as much or as little as you want to be involved. Look forward to seeing you there. 262 guys you all need to sign up ASAP please.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hi Jake, i just read the message for reps to PM you for the info. Hit me up with what you can, and I'll get to the site and sign up now. Thanks...Tom
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Poker Slob:
    hi Jake, i just read the message for reps to PM you for the info. Hit me up with what you can, and I'll get to the site and sign up now. Thanks...Tom
    I'm sending you a PM now Jake. I'm going to need the info too thanks.
    By the way forums are under "Discussions". Not to take away from my first cigar forum home here at Ccom. Just go to the website and click sign up. Nothing else required to join.
    The 262 Underground is the most effective, well organized, and exciting street team in the cigar industry. We are a community of dedicated revolutionaries that explore every opportunity available for spreading the word about 262 Cigars. Get ready for the launch of the 262 Underground. We are recruiting you to help spread The Revolution through various missions and events. Get a firsthand look into the cigar industry while you earn points to redeem for a variety of prizes. The 262 Underground is a street team made up of cigar lovers who want to get more involved. Have a say and help influence your local cigar market by spreading The Revolution with the 262 Underground. If you are interested in more information about the 262 Underground and would like to get involved, make sure you Join The Revolution.

262 Cigars street team is called the Underground. Do various missions and earn cigar rewards. Missions and rewards will change as time goes on so ample opportunity. Sign up at www.smoketherevolution.com/underground

A bunch of guys here said they were interested yet only 1 guy has signed up. Come on people FREE cigar stuff for doing simple tasks.
    Come join us now. Open to everyone. www.smoketherevolution.com/underground Got a few people earning points for free stuff. Many missions are very easy. Missions and prizes will change and update occasionally.
  • Im trying to get my B&M to order a box. I gave him one of my Paradigm i had. If he is interested who should he contact. He is located in Dover, NH.
    You can let me know or when he contacts us make sure he gives us your name so you get the points. All our contact info is on the main website and goes right to the company president. Make sure you get the easy points off of Twitter, Facebook, etc. Got a girl kicking your butt now.
  • I dont use that stuff unfortunately
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see some people have signed up for the site...however I don't see anyone posting. If you have been to the site, introduce yourself and get the ball rolling.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I'm still waiting to get my hands on some free samplers; otherwise I'm gonna just chill. I've gone into a few B&M's asking for it, but no one around me seems to stock it, though some have heard of it. Ah well - better tell your boss to get cracking with the free promo's!!
    ummm yeah how about join the Underground and earn some freebies. Pretty easy and free. 77 stores in 23 states in 1 year. 2 cigar lines and a 3rd in the works.

We will probably be posting a contest very soon here to giveaway some cigars to people who are active on the forums and for getting people signed up. Hint.
    Poker Slob:
    I see some people have signed up for the site...however I don't see anyone posting. If you have been to the site, introduce yourself and get the ball rolling.
    We will be doing a contest soon to get people to step it up. Got a few earning points already. Have some new easy missions already to roll. Our new lighter is sweet if you haven't seen it yet.
    jsnake:
    ummm yeah how about join the Underground and earn some freebies. Pretty easy and free. 77 stores in 23 states in 1 year. 2 cigar lines and a 3rd in the works.

We will probably be posting a contest very soon here to giveaway some cigars to people who are active on the forums and for getting people signed up. Hint.
    You've got 1 store in my State, and it's a few hours away - I'm not driving out there just to try 1 cigar.

Look, I'm interested in the cigar, I really am - it's gotten good reviews from the BOTL's on this forum and it's piqued my interest. But the cigar is also on the expensive side, and I'm hesitant to order anything without trying it first, either through a cheap sampler, or a freebie. Until I know how I like it, I'm not ordering.
    Not asking you to order. I have a way for you to get some for free by doing just what you are doing here typing on the computer. Like I said we will probably be giving a sampler or box or lighter or t-shirts away with a contest there soon. Have a bunch of events lined up this year already. I am sure we will be in a B&M near you soon.
  • xmacro:
    I'm still waiting to get my hands on some free samplers; otherwise I'm gonna just chill. I've gone into a few B&M's asking for it, but no one around me seems to stock it, though some have heard of it. Ah well - better tell your boss to get cracking with the free promo's!!
    We typically don't give out cigars without running some sort of contest or mission. There are several missions in the Underground that you can complete to cash in for cigars. I run contests on Twitter on Fridays for sample packs and things like that. Are you in Tampa, FL? We're in a few stores in Tampa. A full list is on our website smoketherevolution.com. I hope that helps.
    clintwaaron:
    xmacro:
    We typically don't give out cigars without running some sort of contest or mission. There are several missions in the Underground that you can complete to cash in for cigars. I run contests on Twitter on Fridays for sample packs and things like that. Are you in Tampa, FL? We're in a few stores in Tampa. A full list is on our website smoketherevolution.com. I hope that helps.
    You're awfully late to the party, so it really doesn't help much. I've already checked out your Retailer map, and according to it, you're only in Tallahassee.

Look, at this point, I'm kinda over 262 - all I ever wanted was a sampler pack of 2 - one of the paradigm and another of the Ideology - but the prices on the site were just too high to stomach. I'm not paying $20 - $25 for only 3 cigars - just not gonna happen when I can get a fiver of the MOW Puro for $30. So whatever - unless I can get some in a trade, I'm done looking for them.

• xmacro:
    clintwaaron:
    xmacro:
    You're awfully late to the party, so it really doesn't help much. I've already checked out your Retailer map, and according to it, you're only in Tallahassee.

Look, at this point, I'm kinda over 262 - all I ever wanted was a sampler pack of 2 - one of the paradigm and another of the Ideology - but the prices on the site were just too high to stomach. I'm not paying $20 - $25 for only 3 cigars - just not gonna happen when I can get a fiver of the MOW Puro for $30. So whatever - unless I can get some in a trade, I'm done looking for them.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I spend a lot of time on the road, and it's tough for me check the forums on a regular basis. I was just trying to give you a little more information on the cigars. I checked the map, and it brought up the list of retailers when I clicked on the state. Edward's, The Cigar Castle, and Casa Tobacco in Tampa carry us. Again, I know that this comes a little late, but I'm just trying to help out another BOTL. STR Clint
  • I too am "late" to the game on this thread, but I'm not late to the 262 brand. I've known Clint and the guys from 262 since their brand first started and I can say that these are some of the most stand-up guys I've come in contact with inside the industry. They are passionate about their cigars, their mission, and about engaging with the community. They work hard to promote and better the cigar community. And I think their product is excellent - both the Paradigm and the Ideology are consistent, well constructed cigars with great flavor. In support of the cigar community, I would hope to see people support those trying to break into the industry, not to say negative things. It is worth spending $25 to support a community I love. It is worth spending $25 to try some new cigars that may become my favorite, and as someone has said, cigars that have been well received by the community. And to take up such a soapbox without having even tried the cigar is completely distasteful in my opinion. If you are so aggravated by all of this, and unwilling to support a newcomer, send me a PM with your address and I'll send you a 262 sample to try. With all of the legislation against cigar smokers, such as taxes and no-smoking bans, we have to support our community, when so many are out trying to attack it. We have to support each other, and threads like this do nothing but harm. At the end of the day, you should also remember that these guys have families, and this is their livelihood. If you were a business owner and someone started publicly attacking your product or service, how would you take that? I'd say in light of this thread, the boys at 262 have handled this more than graceful.
    matthewjmichael:
    At the end of the day, you should also remember that these guys have families, and this is their livelihood. If you were a business owner and someone started publicly attacking your product or service, how would you take that? I'd say in light of this thread, the boys at 262 have handled this more than graceful.
    Ever heard of the internet? People have been posting their opinions of companies all the time on the internet since it was created; get used to it or get out of public relations.

Ain't it funny how when I asked so many months ago for a sampler a bit cheaper than the $25 retail version, I was told there was nothing they could do for a discount or a small freebie; I post a rant about how I hate the company policies, and suddenly I've got two different reps offering me free cigars.

jsnake, from now on, do me a favor, yeah? You have a disagreement with me, talk it over 1-on-1 instead of having 262 reps come on and defend the company. Between you, missouririfleman, and matthew here, there's 3, count 'em three, 262 reps on these boards debating with me over my simple opinion about the company. Enough is enough - if you got a problem with what I say, talk it out 1-on-1, don't go telling every 262 rep with an internet connection to come on and post propaganda about how great the company is, how great the owners are, how great the cigars.

• rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    xmacro:
    Ain't it funny how when I asked so many months ago for a sampler a bit cheaper than the $25 retail version, I was told there was nothing they could do for a discount or a small freebie; I post a rant about how I hate the company policies, and suddenly I've got two different reps offering me free cigars.

jsnake, from now on, do me a favor, yeah? You have a disagreement with me, talk it over 1-on-1 instead of having 262 reps come on and defend the company. Between you, missouririfleman, and matthew here, there's 3, count 'em three, 262 reps on these boards debating with me over my simple opinion about the company. Enough is enough - if you got a problem with what I say, talk it out 1-on-1, don't go telling every 262 rep with an internet connection to come on and post propaganda about how great the company is, how great the owners are, how great the cigars.

Think this is going a little far. "propaganda" come on. Now I haven't read all the post about this, but it seems people around here have been getting twisted up over little things. The same way that if I came on and said some bad things about an experiance with xmacro I would think your friends would come on and tell me the good things you have done. I dont see a problem with the 262 guys chipping in. just my .02
  • xmacro:
    matthewjmichael:
    At the end of the day, you should also remember that these guys have families, and this is their livelihood. If you were a business owner and someone started publicly attacking your product or service, how would you take that? I'd say in light of this thread, the boys at 262 have handled this more than graceful.
    Ever heard of the internet? People have been posting their opinions of companies all the time on the internet since it was created; get used to it or get out of public relations.

The only 262 rep on here is jsnake. Neither me nor missouri are reps. I came across this thread b/c of all the banter on Twitter. Because of all the BOTL's on Twitter standing up for 262 and their product. That's how I arrived here xmarco.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Hey how do I get a few 262's to try out?
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    dowjr1:
    go to www.smoketherevolution.com and order a sampler. One of my (newer) favorite cigars. I'm just a BOTL not a Rep.
    dowjr1:
    Post an angry rant and jsnake will offer you a freebie, but not before threatening that you could be arrested and prosecuted
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    OK let's settle this. Send me 2 cigars and I will let everybody know how good they are.
    rossdavey2:
    xmacro:

Think this is going a little far. "propaganda" come on. Now I haven't read all the post about this, but it seems people around here have been getting twisted up over little things. The same way that if I came on and said some bad things about an experiance with xmacro I would think your friends would come on and tell me the good things you have done. I dont see a problem with the 262 guys chipping in. just my .02
    It's not the same, Ross. This entire thing started out with a single post I made on a Friday evening after work, to blow off some steam after losing the twitter contest 3 weeks in a row. I made a rant post and forgot about it. Then jsnake brings the entire thing back up 4 days later and says I could be arrested/faced with criminal prosecution.

Bottom line is, this entire stupid spat was entirely between jsnake and me about 262 and it's pricing; suddenly 2 others jump in and attack me, and I'm getting angry that I'm getting nailed from 3 directions for a post I made about my opinion last week because jsnake posted about the argument on twitter.

So I may've been wrong about the propaganda coming from reps, but I'm annoyed all the same that jsnake posted this thing on twitter, which brought missouririfleman and matthew here to argue with me. It should've been just a simple disagreement between 2 people over PM's; it never should've blown up like this or involved anyone else
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I have smoked 1 262 which I believe Jsnake gifted me for some reason(maybe a contest thing) and it was a decent stick. I too am not going to spend $25 on a couple of sticks just to try them out nor spend hours on twitter trying to win some contest. Availability is pretty limited still and I do not have a B&M near me so I guess I am not joining the revolution yet. My opinion is a lot of cigars (not just 262's) are currently over priced and I am not going to contribute to it. The difference between some $3 and $12 cigars is hardly noticeable IMO.