Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Tomorrow

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Yup, tomorrow. Here we are ... just one day away. The next 48 hours are surely going to be interesting. It seems certain that the Democrats are going to lose the House of Representatives. The question is by how much. Most analysts think the loss will be in the neighborhood of 50 seats. Some say it could be up in the 70s.

This is by far the most important election in my lifetime. Granted, I haven't been around as long as some of you guys but getting rid of Jimmy Carter was important ... but beginning the process of moving these radical leftist Democrats out of power may be even more important. This could be another voter revolution. Tomorrow stands as a tribute to our founding fathers. We are able to engage in revolution without leaving bloody footprints on icy roads or taking bullets in the chest. We can do this at the polls ... but you have to show up for the fight. This revolution cannot be fought from a seat in front of a television set.

Democrats know they're toast ... and are now trying to spin defeat. Now there's something wonderful to behold ... Democrats spinning defeat. Spinning it how? Democrats are now admitting that they're going to get routed, but that it is all because of the economy. In a way they're saying that yes, they're going to be hit hard ... but it's all Bush's fault. Later this week we'll be hearing Democrats telling us that the economy caused them control of the House because the people were impatient and just wouldn't give the Democrats the time they needed to straighten out the mess that George Bush left for them.

Democrats also have another spin. They're losing in this midterm election because the voters just aren't all that bright. This is a line that has been promoted by both Barack Obama and by John Kerry. From these two we've heard that the voters just don't understand facts and science. They're scared and angry. Remember Obama's "clinging to guns and religion" line? The spin here is that if the voters were just more appreciative of what the Democrats have done for them .. .and if they were just a bit smarter ... and if they didn't fall for simple-minded slogans so often ... they would be keeping the Democrats in power so that all the problems created by the evil Republicans would be solved.

But what about Republicans? Hopefully they don't think that these voters are actually for them, do they? Voters are voting for Republicans for one reason ... they're NOT Democrats. As soon as the 112th Congress convenes in January the Republicans will be on instant probation. A repeat of the debacle after 1994 and the Republicans will likely never get another chance at this. It will be time for a 3rd party.

But what really IS driving this election. Democrat consultant Pat Caddell says that this is the single greatest rejection of a president in his first term in our history. Gotta love that .. but why? ObamaCare, that's why. Yes, there is high unemployment, but not high enough to explain this level of voter dissatisfaction. Maybe we ought to listen to the consultants ... the Democrat consultants ... on this one. ObamaCare. That was the killer. More than any other single issue this election is about the Democrat's attempt to seize control of your health care. Yes ... joblessness does play a role. Barack Obama made the tactical decision to focus on getting his healthcare bill passed - by any means necessary - rather than fulfilling his promise to focus on our economy like a laser. People struggling to find work didn't get it. They had this insane idea that maybe The Community Organizer should worry more about the economy than his grandiose plan for a health care takeover. Well ... ObamaCare was everything to The Chosen One, and now the voters will choose someone else.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    Can't wait for it to be over and everyone can return to their normally scheduled program
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe remove the mopst interesting man in the world, and replace with the most biased and/or angry man in the world. Seems a little better suited, no?
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Maybe remove the mopst interesting man in the world, and replace with the most biased and/or angry man in the world. Seems a little better suited, no?
    I find your bias against angry women appalling! ;)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I have seen and heard all I need on this issue. The Dems attempt to already spin and marginalize what is going to happen is laughable.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Biased? Guess you missed the part about the Republicans in this post and my previous posts. Angry? 5 Trillion in debt since the Democrats have been in power (2007) and Obamacare, etc My 3 year old son is already $43,000 in debt and all he owns is a bouncy house so...yeah, I'm pissed. But I would be just as mad at Republicans if they did the same thing...guess that point escapes you.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Better get that boy a job..........just a little humor Kreig, too serious a topic I guess to even joke, Ill get out
  • Options
    Thankfully our founding fathers put in place a system to remove those from power who abuse it without the need for another armed revolution.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Better get that boy a job..........just a little humor Kreig, too serious a topic I guess to even joke, Ill get out
    Just don't understand your humor I suppose. But I said this once, and I'll say it again. Today (election day)is not a Republican Day. This is an anti-Democrat day. Republicans need to remember that.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    fla-gypsy:
    Thankfully our founding fathers put in place a system to remove those from power who abuse it without the need for another armed revolution.
    Yes, the ballot box still works, thankfully! I can't think of anywhere else where so much power can be transferred with so little blood shed.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Krieg:
    fla-gypsy:
    Yes, the ballot box still works, thankfully! I can't think of anywhere else where so much power can be transferred with so little blood shed.
    I could list a dozen or so for you if you like.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    Krieg:
    fla-gypsy:
    so u can list more super powers than the USA? Once USSR fell...USA became the only one...hence...my phrase "so much power".

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Krieg:
    laker1963:
    Krieg:
    fla-gypsy:
    so u can list more super powers than the USA? Once USSR fell...USA became the only one...hence...my phrase "so much power".
    Oh you were talking "Super Powers" LMAO. Does that phrase give you a woody or something? Or do you just like the words "Super Power"? (shaking head)
  • Options
    "They" dig certain catch phrases Doug-----Superpower, Family Values, Smaller Govt., Take the Country Back, Anti-Establishment......the list goes on. None of them mean anything, just something that gets people excited because they they feel like they should. In psychology we call it mass hysteria, in politics its "getting behind the party platform"
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    "They" dig certain catch phrases Doug-----Superpower, Family Values, Smaller Govt., Take the Country Back, Anti-Establishment......the list goes on. None of them mean anything, just something that gets people excited because they they feel like they should. In psychology we call it mass hysteria, in politics its "getting behind the party platform"
    And "Hope we can believe in" and "Yes we can" are the true feelings of "real Americans" huh? Nice try but it will not fly. Some of you love to come here with the name calling and belittling and then talk about how we will not debate the ideas. That is total BS and you show yourself so easily. The Dems had their chance and squandered it away on a spending binge they couldn't resist. The electorate for all it's short comings can see through it. Reality check time.
  • Options
    Govt gets bigger with every adminsitration----and so does the scope of govt and money spent. Thats a fact. You can use foxnews reports or skewed statistics to show otherwise if you want, but lets try to "check reality" as you say. And I hope that the majority of the tea party and people voting the like get exactly what they are voting for in this election---I truly do. Take from that what you will.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I remember a time on this forum when there were only a few guys that got into the political debates. Back then it was Duty, Urbi, Laker, Phobic, Kuzi and me. We were pretty much the only ones who got into the political discussions on here, and don't get me wrong, things got VERY heated and there were a couple feelings got hurt and one guy even left the forum over it, but it wasn't over name calling and bashing each other. It was over debates on ideas and values and political ideology. The petty comments and name calling lately by a few of the guys around here is really childish and serves no purpose other than to try to attack somebody on a personal level.

Why can't we stick to actual issues and topics rather than resorting to attacking a person's catch phrases or a parties campaign? I know it would require some thought and actual intellect, but wouldn't that be a much more stimulating conversation?

P.S. This comment is not aimed at any one person or either side of the debates. Just a comment on the overall tone of things here lately.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    I remember a time on this forum when there were only a few guys that got into the political debates. Back then it was Duty, Urbi, Laker, Phobic, Kuzi and me. We were pretty much the only ones who got into the political discussions on here, and don't get me wrong, things got VERY heated and there were a couple feelings got hurt and one guy even left the forum over it, but it wasn't over name calling and bashing each other. It was over debates on ideas and values and political ideology. The petty comments and name calling lately by a few of the guys around here is really childish and serves no purpose other than to try to attack somebody on a personal level.

Why can't we stick to actual issues and topics rather than resorting to attacking a person's catch phrases or a parties campaign? I know it would require some thought and actual intellect, but wouldn't that be a much more stimulating conversation?

P.S. This comment is not aimed at any one person or either side of the debates. Just a comment on the overall tone of things here lately.
    You make an excellent point here. I must add, however, that it is not only us, it's the whole country, both sides of the issues. Sadly, we've been heading in just this direction for a long time, and it's not going to get us anywhere. Divide and conquer is not a new concept, we're just a new generation that's falling for it. Without compromise and mutual respect, we will not hold on to freedom very long. As long as we're all involved in emotional nonsense, we're not paying attention to the real issues. The question is, who is going to benefit?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    PuroFreak:

I remember those days, quite fun...but yeah, there wasn't any name calling. Now it just seems when someone wins an argument the only recourse is to start calling people names. Rather sad actually.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    laker1963:
    Krieg:
    laker1963:
    Krieg:
    fla-gypsy:
    Oh you were talking "Super Powers" LMAO. Does that phrase give you a woody or something? Or do you just like the words "Super Power"? (shaking head)
    Wow.........very tasteful.....anyways...fyi

A superpower is a state with a dominant position in the international system which has the ability to influence events and its own interests and project power on a worldwide scale to protect those interests. A superpower is traditionally considered to be one step higher than a great power.

"Long ashes my friends."