Home Non Cigar Related

........xbox...whyyyyyyy

JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
I just updated my damn 360 for the console update and BOOM Ring of Death....oh How i love thee. Looks like I wont be playing Black Ops right away. I cant believe it.
"Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky

Comments

• Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Gotta love microsoft. Just got mine fixed recently. Sorry bro. Is it at least still under warranty?
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Yea thank god. I had a 3 ring a few years ago...bastards.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    no way in HELL i would ever spend the money on a 360, and this is exactly why.

"Long ashes my friends."

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    no way in HELL i would ever spend the money on a 360, and this is exactly why.
    Well, you gotta look at it from this perspective. Yes, statistically, Xbox breaks down faster than the Wii or the PS3. But also, statistically, Wii players only play about an hour a day on average. Xbox players? On average, somewhere around 3 to 6 hours a day. More use = more wear and tear.

Also, I dunno why your xbox would red ring after the update, JSaint. Mine went through just fine. I don't really like the update, though. Looks cool and has a lot more info...but load times are on par with the Playstation Network now. Slow as an old car with no engine.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I was talking to Hayblet about this last night. It is the single worst GUI ever!.
    It's like a damn iPod on your TV!!!!

I heard the update was only for the 360s and up. Mine is first gen that's why lol.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    JSaint:
    I heard the update was only for the 360s and up. Mine is first gen that's why lol.
    Dude wtf is a 360s? I have a first gen and it works fine... my second first gen though.

• PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    JSaint:
    Dude wtf is a 360s? I have a first gen and it works fine... my second first gen though.

360S is the new "Slim" black one. I have that one. Thankfully it can't red ring (they took out the lights haha). But It's designed that if it "red rings" that the transformer takes the hit and the transformer gets a Red Dot. So just replace the power source and you are good to go.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    JSaint:
    I just updated my damn 360 for the console update and BOOM Ring of Death....oh How i love thee. Looks like I wont be playing Black Ops right away. I cant believe it.
    Get some nylon washers, a few screws and nuts, a drill and some Artic Silver thermal compound and fix it yourself. It takes about an hour and you're good to go. Only do this if it's not under warranty though.
    Ya no mines under warranty lol.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    should have bought a PS3 the first time and u wouldnt have this problem
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    ya, because it wouldnt get played as much to get burned out
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS3 SUCKS! Played it and hate it. Oh but it has Blu Ray (Every PS3 likes to say this) but who cares?! If I want Blu Ray I will buy a Blu Ray player.

I have owned 3 different Xbox 360's and each one worked perfectly. Had to sell the first 2 off back when work got bad. Rocking the new Xbox 360 and it is incredible. The best games are on the 360 and LIVE is just incredible. Yeah I hate paying for it but man does it give new life to a game after you have beaten it. My kids love the Xbox and have no interest in PS3. Only way we would have a PS3 is if I got one for free.
    jsnake:
    PS3 SUCKS! Played it and hate it. Oh but it has Blu Ray (Every PS3 likes to say this) but who cares?! If I want Blu Ray I will buy a Blu Ray player.

I have owned 3 different Xbox 360's and each one worked perfectly. Had to sell the first 2 off back when work got bad. Rocking the new Xbox 360 and it is incredible. The best games are on the 360 and LIVE is just incredible. Yeah I hate paying for it but man does it give new life to a game after you have beaten it. My kids love the Xbox and have no interest in PS3. Only way we would have a PS3 is if I got one for free.
    The graphics and all are very close to eachother, but controls and game selection is so much better on 360 (and i had PS 1 and 2, and hated the original xbox). The only thing PS3 has over XBOX is Metal Gear Solid..... oh wait, the new MGS is coming to XBOX in 2011, mwuah hahaha
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    If your not at a point where your ready to send it off, try this method. It is completely insane but as a red ring of death recipient twice I gave it a try and it worked. It wont permanetly fix it but you'll get a lot of playing time out of it. I promise I did this and it worked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjjinHmEoss
    So I just said fock it today and went and traded it in at EB......but I get done trading in my stuff and they are out of freaking Xbox 250gb's! And they wont be back until Thanksgiving! And I cant get my stuff back after commiting to the trade in! I said screw it and went to Best Buy and bought it there. Gotta support my place of business. I hate Xbox for this lol yet I love it.
  • Joeyjoe21_8:
    I love my PS3, ive played 360 many times and ive never once thought id rather have the 360... but.. unfortunately, it could most defientely still happen, it seems the RROD on the 360 happens more often, but the cases of Yellow Light of Death on the PS3 seem to be growing... i had my original 60GB from when the PS3's were released, and about 2 months ago while playing MW2 bam i got the YLOD, i searched about it and basically its the same thing as the RROD and alot of people experience it with the old fat PS3's... costs about $200 for sony to fix and 6 weeks down time... i fixed mine myself, then i went and bought the newer PS3 Slim, since they use alot less power and get WAY less hot... i use the slim constantly while my old 60gb gets limited use in the bedroom... I would reccommend the PS3 over 360 any day, but id reccommend the Slim over the old fatty any day as well!!!
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    acsamples79:
    i use the slim constantly while my old 60gb gets limited use in the bedroom...
    image Whoa dude, whatever you do behind closed doors might need to stay behind those doors.
  • aaaaaaah... walked right into it