Home General Discussion

Said goodbye to an old friend today....

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
Today is my birthday and for a long while, now, I've been saving the last known Fire by Indian Tabac just to smoke today. As far as I can find out, it was the last in captivity - and what a great smoke it was.

I won't begin to try to guess why Mr. Patel chose to discontinue them. Undoubtedly, it was a business decision although I can't envision flagging sales of that particular line. It was that good. Maybe he could no longer obtain the necessary tobaccos for that blend. Whatever, it's a loss to the cigar world.

I know most of you guys prefer the higher-powered stuff and maybe my palate still isn't advanced enough to appreciate all those super-macho smokes, but I thought the Fire was a great blend and I, for one, am sorry to see it go.

Marty

Comments

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    " Fire" was one of the first premiums I smoked and I loved them.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Happy birthday DUDE!!!!

• TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    Some of us still have a few image... they are getting really good w the time on em IMHO!
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're a lucky man, TGO. They're worth it.

Marty

stephen_hannibal:
    Happy birthday DUDE!!!!

Thank you very much, my friend. I'm not too old, but I'm older than Fla. Gypsy.

Marty

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Happy bday Marty, glad you were able to celebrate with an enjoyable cigar. Here's to many more.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Happy bday bro!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Never had a chance to try a Fire. It was one of those cigars that just didn't grab my attention. Happy Birthday.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I had never heard of it until someone posted about it a couple of months ago. Happy Birthday Brother!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Happy Birthday and I'm glad you got a chance to enjoy a good cigar.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Happy Bday, Marty!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    Many thanks for the kind wishes, guys. Kinda makes my day.

Marty

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Happy Birthday Bro... what a Great day to Enjoy a Great Smoke... never had one .. I guess i never will.....
  • happy birthday, i never tried one but that sounds like a great stick
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Happy Bday marty! as a fan of RP, I would have loved to been able to try one of these. Glad you enjoyed it!

"Long ashes my friends."

• undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Happy B-day! I was lucky and bought a box about two years ago. I knew they weren't going to make them anymore but I figured they'd still be around for a few years so when I sent out a bomb I'd always put one in. I had about 10 out of the box and gave the rest out. I wish I knew then what I know now. Great stick.
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Happy Birthday! Not only did you get to enjoy a great cigar but the days weather in our area was fantastic; perfect for outdoor smoking!
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Happy birthday, Marty. Glad you could enjoy a special cigar on this occasion.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Happy birthday! You should call Timb and see if he can do anything for you.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    jlmarta:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Happy birthday DUDE!!!!

Thank you very much, my friend. I'm not too old, but I'm older than Fla. Gypsy.

Marty

FlaGypsy has dust on him from the Flintstone times... how old are you anyway LMAO.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY sir.
    Hey, Gypsy, remember - he's the one who said that, not me.

To answer your question, yesterday was my 74th birthday. Thanks for asking.

Marty