Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

San Miguel

Anyone had this yet? I looked for a review but couldn't find one... I picked up the Saturday deal last week and smoked one right off the truck and I was impressed... not the best, most complex smoke but it had nice thick smoke and good flavor... I'd call it a medium smoke... there were some burn issues, but attributed that to it being fresh off the truck...

it reminded me of the Ccom Sun Grown... meaning it was pretty nice and I enjoyed it, but it's not earth shattering... I am anxious to try it with a few months of rest in the humi...

I got the 5er, so I had one right off the truck, gonna have one in a month, then 3 months, 6 months and at 1 year just to see what happens to the flavors

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've already gone through a five pack of toros...ok, I gave two away, but the other three I reduced to ash all by myself. I think it's awesome, even OTT. I got a lot of dense, chewy flavor in mine and found it to be moderately complex. As I said, I'm impressed with San Miguel and it's one of my top releases of 2010.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    I just ordered a few and I'm really excited to try one of these!
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Jdorais:
    I just ordered a few and I'm really excited to try one of these!
    hey, is your email working? I've sent you a few emails since early october with logos and never heard back...
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    yup my email is working. haven't had anything from you since 10/1, then all the fun with the giants started so I figured we reconnect after the giants kick ass.
  • Options
    i wonder what i was doing wrong... oh well... I'll shot my stuff over to you this weekend... lets connect next week and get this baby goin...
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    robbyras:
    i wonder what i was doing wrong... oh well... I'll shot my stuff over to you this weekend... lets connect next week and get this baby goin...
    That sounds wrong dude!
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    robbyras:
    That sounds wrong dude!
    HA! ok... yeah, taken out of context it sounds a little gross... not that there's anything wrong with that...
  • Options
    Smoking one as I write this, Description on this cigar is medium to full, IMHO it is in the lower level of full. Burns very fast but not under rolled, A good stick in the evening after a hardy meal and a cup of strong coffee. Construction on my stick is OK, not a strong ash that builds up as the cigar is smoked. plumes of smoke with every draw and burns even. I would add in my humidor if the price is right.
  • Options
    glad this thread popped up I was wondering if anyone had tried these yet. Might have to look into that Christmas sampler with this and the Ave Maria in it, been dying to try both
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Check out the weekend blitz. It has the San Miguel and the Ave Maria in it. Also has some of the Diesel Unlimiteds too, can't go wrong with this one. IMO
  • Options
    laker1963:
    Check out the weekend blitz. It has the San Miguel and the Ave Maria in it. Also has some of the Diesel Unlimiteds too, can't go wrong with this one. IMO
    ya I saw it. Awesome deal, but too much coin for a poor college student like myself haha
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    JohnnySlickster:
    laker1963:
    ya I saw it. Awesome deal, but too much coin for a poor college student like myself haha
    Ahhhh, gotcha. You may want to try to see if anyone would do a split with you. That happens a lot around here. You get to try out something new and the costs get shared between two or more BOTL.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Good stick. I just finished a box pressed torpedo and I will definitely buy them if they crop up again in any deals.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    Ninja1100:
    Smoking one as I write this, Description on this cigar is medium to full, IMHO it is in the lower level of full. Burns very fast but not under rolled, A good stick in the evening after a hardy meal and a cup of strong coffee. Construction on my stick is OK, not a strong ash that builds up as the cigar is smoked. plumes of smoke with every draw and burns even. I would add in my humidor if the price is right.

I had one just the other day. The description above is pretty accurate. It is a solid medium body. I was not blown away by the flavor at any point, but it was not a let down either. I actually did feel this may be a bit under rolled. Seemed a bit squishy and draw was pretty loose, it did burn fast (in fairness, pretty short rest and may not be properly humidified). The one I had suffered from a gap in the wrapper, checking the rest of my stock, they did not have this problem. Even with the gap it did burn flawlessly and it did produce a ton of smoke. Agree that I would get more of these, but right now that would be on more of a "deal" basis. I will revisit this one with some additional rest.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    So, I just lit up my first San Miguel. It was pretty decent on the light, but after my third draw the wrapper split all the way up to the band. This was one of the two I received yesterday, so that most likely had something to do with it. Actually, not that I look closer at the cigar, the binder is split as well. I'm not sure how it happened and I have never seen this before. I am pretty upset as I knew I was in for a treat having smelled the aromas while toasting, and the first couple draws were pretty great. Hopefully my next one doesn't do the same and I can actually enjoy it this time.
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    So I finally smoked one of the torpedoes I'd squirreled away for four weeks and was enjoying it, especially as I got into the second third. ..when I noticed that it was starting to spit at me. I don't know if it was because it had been under the humidifier or if it was just not aged long enough to dry at the factory but I'm going to wait a year on the other in my humi.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Just smoked my first San Miguel. I thought this stick was fantastic. Great flavors with a long creamy finish. Well done AJ
  • Options
    i tried one in the Torpedo in one of the samplers I picked up. I was not a huge fan of the first one i had. I'm not negative towards them just didn't make a very big impression on me. Maybe the second one I have will change that.