Home General Discussion

victory dance

So me and a group of friends are running tough mudder in about 4 months. I want to get a box of cigars for the finish line, but some of the guys don't smoke to much. I need some ideas.
one box
around the $100 mark
not a house cigar.

Comments

• HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    5 Vegas gold or Classic imo
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    My first thought was Diesel Unlimited but that might be a little strong for you and your friends. I'm not sure what your tastes are. Then I thought about Oliva G. 5 Vegas is also a good choice.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet No. 1 would be great and Ccom sells them for $76.95 for a box of 20!
  • I like full cigars, but some of the guys don't smoke. I'm sure they will only smoke for like 5 mins, but I'd hate to make some one puke after a race like that.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    5 Vegas for $3 a stick is pretty good if your buddies dont smoke...why waste even better cigars. Oh..they have a box of the Gurkha empire series for like $69 at sister site catalog, I'm sure ccom will match it.
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    just get a box of El Rey del Mundo's...
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I'd go with Ccom Sun Grown... good smoke, not too heavy
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    nica libra - 60$ or so a box
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    NYHCx516x:
    Would be a great choice if not for the pepper/spice. I know that many of the people that don't smoke often that I share stogies with hate a pronounced spice or pepper taste. IMHO, some better choices for newbie-ish smokers would be:

Gurkha Park Avenue @ $60/box
    5 Vegas Gold @ ~$56-$73/box
    Fonseca @ ~$87-$107/box
    Hoyo Excalibur (conn.) @ ~$70-$92/box

And those are Ccom's advertised web prices. I'm sure you could get them cheaper if you call in your order. The best part is that you'd probably enjoy them just as much, they're all good smokes.

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Sounds like you're basically looking for a nice Connecticut. RP Sig, or Zino Classic #6.
  • 5 vega limitad 2010 the box is around 100 and they are great smokes! i gave some of mine to my friends who dont smoke and they loved them any 5 vega will be a good stick another one is the classic it is one of my favorites and pretty cheap
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Onyx
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    He said not a house cigar, which like 90% of the stuff mentioned in this thread so far IS...

Fuente Chateau Fuente series. Connecticut wrapped Fuentes. Right around 100$, or less for some sizes.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know that they don't come iin a box but the Gran Habano Vintage ($39.95 for 20) would be a good choice. Tasty, inexpensive and wouldn't get anyone sick.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    Sounds like you're basically looking for a nice Connecticut. RP Sig, or Zino Classic #6.
    I'd second the Zino Classic. Mild but with a very nice flavor.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    NYHCx516x:
    I like this idea but call in your order and you can get a better deal. If you do not go with this because of the "pepper or spice" which IMO I don't get much of that if any at all go with the Perdomo Champange 10th Anny. Nice mild smoke with a tight ash.