Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Some seriously good TV

2 shows I am loving right now...

River Monsters on Animal Plant... that dude is fearless... check out the Piranha episode...

The Walking Dead on AMC... Zombies are popular just like vampires, but this series looks to be pretty good... there has only been one episode, but it was pretty freakin good...

Comments

• Options
    mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    I love River Monsters, but sometimes he rides on my nerves like no other.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    If you loved The Walking Dead comics, you'll LOVE the tv series. Watched the first episode and fell in love with it within the first 5 minutes.

Also, if you're sick of those jaded, corny CSI shows, I suggest watching Castle. Great murder mystery tv series.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    +1 on the Walking Dead...it is starting out really good.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    wwhwang:
    If you loved The Walking Dead comics, you'll LOVE the tv series. Watched the first episode and fell in love with it within the first 5 minutes.

do they come in a single graphic novel? I might have to check it out...
  • Options
    robbyras:
    wwhwang:

Nope, not in a single novel. It's been going on for over a year. You can pick up the hardcovers, which have several volumes in each one, or you can get the single volume paperback comics.
  • Options
    wwhwang:
    robbyras:
    wwhwang:

Nope, not in a single novel. It's been going on for over a year. You can pick up the hardcovers, which have several volumes in each one, or you can get the single volume paperback comics.
    looks like the put the first 8 volumes into one book... over 1000 pages... I just grabbed it on Amazon...

You have a PM btw....
  • Options
    robbyras:
    You have a PM btw....
    Pm back to you.
  • Options
    Billy the exterminator

David Lettermen

Man Woman Wild

Survivorman
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:

River Monsters on Animal Plant... that dude is fearless... check out the Piranha episode...

The Walking Dead on AMC... Zombies are popular just like vampires, but this series looks to be pretty good... there has only been one episode, but it was pretty freakin good...
    watching the piranha ep right now. Crazy Sh*t. I understand that Piranhas arent just needless murderers. But he knew the fish in the pool were hungry, and he got them hungry with the blood and the meat, so WHY go in there?
  • Options
    PsychoSJG:
    robbyras:

watching the piranha ep right now. Crazy Sh*t. I understand that Piranhas arent just needless murderers. But he knew the fish in the pool were hungry, and he got them hungry with the blood and the meat, so WHY go in there?
    that's what makes Jeremy Wade awesome...
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Hawk55:
    +2! Cant wait for Sunday night so I can catch the next episode! And I am by no means a regular TV watcher...

• Options
    The Sniper:
    Hawk55:
    +2! Cant wait for Sunday night so I can catch the next episode! And I am by no means a regular TV watcher...

Pfft. Just download it :P No commercials and you don't have to pay for Tivo to watch it whenever you want. But good taste in shows, guys :) I loved the comic books and I love the TV series already.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I don't watch a lot of TV other than sports, but I have caught several episodes of River Monsters. I'm not much into horror stuff so the Walk Dead doesn't interest me at all, but the AMC show I like is Mad Men. I got hooked on that one and can't wait for next season!
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I made sure I set my DVR for the Walking Dead as soon as I could. It was great. I haven't had a chance to read the comics yet, but I now plan on it just from seeing that first episode. I hope they can keep it good all season long.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    PuroFreak:
    I don't watch a lot of TV other than sports, but I have caught several episodes of River Monsters. I'm not much into horror stuff so the Walk Dead doesn't interest me at all, but the AMC show I like is Mad Men. I got hooked on that one and can't wait for next season!
    How could one NOT get hooked on Mad Men? Awesome show, if for nothing more than Christina Hendricks and her two LOVELY friends. :-)

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    The only show that I must watch is Breaking Bad. I'll also watch any Hockey game that I happen upon, and of course Poker.
  • Options
    The Walking Dead episode 2 aired tonight. Not exactly as it happened in the comic book, but still good nonetheless.
  • Options
    it's on my DVR waiting for me... today is a quazi day off for me, so I'm gonna try to fit it in...
  • Options
    they really are building a good story line... the acting kinda sucks, but I can get past that... I have a feeling that the dude on the roof will come back into the storyline at some point... that dude always reminds me of the chocolate pretzel scene from Mallrats...
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Hey I caught a recent episode of Breaking Bad>>>the meth lab thing...it was GREAT!!! stayed up late and struggled to get up for work watchin it.
  • Options
    Hawk55:
    Hey I caught a recent episode of Breaking Bad>>>the meth lab thing...it was GREAT!!! stayed up late and struggled to get up for work watchin it.
    I loved the frist 2 season of that show... then i just kinda fell off for some reason... I missed a few episodes for various reasons, then just never got back into it...
  • Options
    Man Vs. Food
    Top Gear. I'm really excited to see if the American version is going to be as good as the original British version
    Ice Road Truckers
    Monday Night Football