Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Partagas 150

Thought I had scored some more Partagas 150s until the individual was asking $1000 for four sticks...said they have been on sale for $700 ea before (yes, sticks not boxes). Understand these are rare/HTF sticks, but I cannot imagine a Partagas 150 selling for that much anywhere! Am I off in left field? I don't like to comment or complain about pricing as we all have different feelings/thoughts about cigars to include their value....just want to make sure I'm not off in my logic....

Comments

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    PM sent.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Ask Cabi. He's obsessed with the things. I have never had one, but I just cannot imagine a product by General Cigar being worth that much, or even anything close to it. I've never had a General product that was anything more than mediocre...

EDIT* Aside from some of the sticks LGC makes. Forgot they were owned by General/Swedish Match.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I think they are nuts on the price! I have never had the 150 but I have had the 160 and it was a very good smoke. The same night I had that my buddy smoked a 150 and he enjoyed it very much, but damn sure not $700 worth of enjoyment!
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    docbp87:
    Ask Cabi. He's obsessed with the things. I have never had one, but I just cannot imagine a product by General Cigar being worth that much, or even anything close to it. I've never had a General product that was anything more than mediocre...

EDIT* Aside from some of the sticks LGC makes. Forgot they were owned by General/Swedish Match.
    I was lucky to score two from cabi (which I plan on smoking the day I return home next week from my deployment). I think I have an idea of the ball park figure based on my research online, which is why I brought this up as I was given a reference by the seller to support the pricing. Still, just wasn't sure if I was in left field. Glad to see I wasn't. thanks for the input all :)
  • Options
    The Sniper:
    PM sent.
    PM returned
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Nick2021:
    docbp87:

I was lucky to score two from cabi (which I plan on smoking the day I return home next week from my deployment). I think I have an idea of the ball park figure based on my research online, which is why I brought this up as I was given a reference by the seller to support the pricing. Still, just wasn't sure if I was in left field. Glad to see I wasn't. thanks for the input all :)
    So whats the verdict? Whats the going rate?
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    Nick2021:
    docbp87:

So whats the verdict? Whats the going rate?
    $28 - $60 dollars based on my market research. $60 dollars (the highest dollar amount of the range) is based upon what was posted here by Alex about 1-2 months ago and actually calling a shop that had them in stock.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    PM sent
  • Options
    Goldy:
    PM sent
    PM returned!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I can get the ones in the Coffin for $100 each or the whole box for $795. I want the box but I can't justify it. I have a box of 25 that I got for $460 but it wasn't the coffin it was more of a robusto.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Nick2021:
    Goldy:
    PM sent
    PM returned!
    Replied
  • Options
    Where does one find a Partagas 150?
  • Options
    Very hard to find but if you do and they are at the "T" site, don't get them!!!!!!! They were made in 1994 and the wrapper is from 1977 so they are old!
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    Very hard to find but if you do and they are at the "T" site, don't get them!!!!!!! They were made in 1994 and the wrapper is from 1977 so they are old!
    /// Thanks for the heads up. I think I can live without one.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    that's the site used by the seller to justify the price....
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    waiting to smoke mine.......thursday might be a good day for 1
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    smoking one right now..... by far the best stick I've ever smoked!!!
  • Options
    It is good for being 17 years old with a 24 year old wrapper.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    It is good for being 17 years old with a 24 year old wrapper.
    +1, found a couple an individual was wanting to offload and bought 5 more...would've bought more but some of the wrappers seemed to be cracking a bit (and the ones I bought were in the best condition according to seller). Not sure if it was due to shipping or not...wondering if I should've picked up more...just a bit pricey though
  • Options
    wchurstwchurst Posts: 1
    I've got an untouched P-150 (Ramon-y-Ramon) from 2000 that I'm in the market to sell.

If you're not into a 150-ct chest, try CigarAuctioneer.com...they just posted their last 5 sticks of the size "C" :-)

Cheers,
    Walt
  • Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    As a little advice for your first post trying to sell a expensive cigar no one Is gonna go for it. If you want to hang out and talk with some great botl and sotl than your more than welcome the forums a lot of fun. If you only want to sell merch I suggest Craigslist or amazon because this is your first post know one knows you and anyone can slap a wrapper on a dog rocket and call it a 150 people do it with Cubans all the time. This is just my advice take how you want but it does not help new people to the forum build credibility when people try selling high price items without saying hi or introducing themselves. It's true some guys do sell high price sticks on this site but there credibility is immaculate and everyone trusts them. I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone but let's not hurt future newbs chances of being accepted to a great place for people to come a bs about one of the best hobby's.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the one I had. Absolutely the best cameroon wrapper I've ever smoked.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I had one that I thought was dull and washed out, far past its prime. Funny how that works...we're both right in regards to our own respective experiences, yet they differ so vastly.
  • Options
    I liked it because most cammy wrappers are too twangy and taste like burnt sugar to me (note Carlito GoF) and the wrapper on the 150 had mellowed considerably giving a nice balance.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Ditto with Dennis who has very precise taste buds. I am not going to bad mouth General cigar. They are like any other producer with good and bad products. However, the Partagas 150 is an extraordinary cigar. As Dennis mentioned that most of the Cameron wrappers are too twangy. The basic and exotic taste of Cameroon wrapper comes with balanced spicy, sweet, slight lemony flavor. Not all Cameron wrappers from Cameron are considered as good Cameron. Only one firm produce classy Cameron wrapper which considered to be the most expensive wrapper in the market. I will post the name later because can't remember right now. It is not easy to age Cameron wrapper. The success of Partagas 150 comes from the careful aging. The blend also used some exclusively aged fillers. I am a huge fan of aged Cuban cigar but P 150 is one of the best Cameron in the market. I will never compare this with any other cigar. I do believe Daniel Nunez did a great job on this. I have 13 of them and would love to collect more if possible. Price is subjective and no cigar should cost that much. being in a cigar producing country, I have seen the production cost and understand lots of hype about cigars. The industry is going through huge changes where old and new cigar makers, producers question at each other. That's another topic for another time.
    dennisking:
    I liked it because most cammy wrappers are too twangy and taste like burnt sugar to me (note Carlito GoF) and the wrapper on the 150 had mellowed considerably giving a nice balance.
  • Options
    I couldn't agree more rzaman.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Nick2021:
    Thought I had scored some more Partagas 150s until the individual was asking $1000 for four sticks...said they have been on sale for $700 ea before (yes, sticks not boxes). Understand these are rare/HTF sticks, but I cannot imagine a Partagas 150 selling for that much anywhere! Am I off in left field? I don't like to comment or complain about pricing as we all have different feelings/thoughts about cigars to include their value....just want to make sure I'm not off in my logic....
    Art and Capitalism share one common trait; they are both based on whatever you can get away with.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Well said...Politics, Capitalism and Art share the common trait...whatever they can get away with. JDH, thanks for your wise comment.
    JDH:
    Nick2021:
    Art and Capitalism share one common trait; they are both based on whatever you can get away with.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1000$ for 4 sticks, they better come delivered by a hooker with a stiff drink for me.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Rhamlin:
    1000$ for 4 sticks, they better come delivered by a hooker with a stiff drink for me.

LMAO !