Home General Discussion
Options

Hey

Hey, so i don't really know what to say. i guess i could start off by saying my name is mark, i am 20 and I am from Greece, thats how i got my name Ellinas which means (Greek Boy). I speak 2 languanges Greek and English and i am almost fluent in spanish. i am obsessed with golf.....i shot 2 under with no mulligans when i had been playing for 6 months. I've been smoking for a year. I love swisher sweets and white owls. BIG JK, i got started out on the drew estate line and loved the dirt torpedo and the java but i was determined to find something better and now i love medium-full bodied cigars, now i cant stand sweet cigars/infused cigars. Right now i'm still trying the different brands, i dont get to smoke that often.  I might get 1 cigar every week-1 month? Right now my favorite cigars are tatuaje, just about everything by oliva, and now man o war.  i like rocky patel and arturo fuente but i havent had enough of either one to actually say they are my favorite. Anyways thats about all i can think of and i'm actually looking forward to learning more. one question before i click post..... I wouldnt say i'm addicted to smoking cigars...its more like addicted to buying them....When ever i go into a store that sell cigars i just want to buy them all....Do i have it backwards?

Comments

• Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    To answer your last question first, nope.. you have it perfectly right bud! And welcome to the forums! Sounds like you've got a great start - and a great golf game lol. So do you currently live in Greece?
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    ellinas:
    Hey, so i don't really know what to say. i guess i could start off by saying my name is mark, i am 20 and I am from Greece, thats how i got my name Ellinas which means (Greek Boy). I speak 2 languanges Greek and English and i am almost fluent in spanish. i am obsessed with golf.....i shot 2 under with no mulligans when i had been playing for 6 months. I've been smoking for a year. I love swisher sweets and white owls. BIG JK, i got started out on the drew estate line and loved the dirt torpedo and the java but i was determined to find something better and now i love medium-full bodied cigars, now i cant stand sweet cigars/infused cigars. Right now i'm still trying the different brands, i dont get to smoke that often.  I might get 1 cigar every week-1 month? Right now my favorite cigars are tatuaje, just about everything by oliva, and now man o war.  i like rocky patel and arturo fuente but i havent had enough of either one to actually say they are my favorite. Anyways thats about all i can think of and i'm actually looking forward to learning more. one question before i click post..... I wouldnt say i'm addicted to smoking cigars...its more like addicted to buying them....When ever i go into a store that sell cigars i just want to buy them all....Do i have it backwards?
    Hey Mark.. Welcome. Keep trying new labels and you will soon find many favorites. Cut up your credit cards now.. trust me on this one. When I got serious with cigars I would spend way to much on cigars when I still had hundreds filling up humidors. Now Diamond dog, for example, He needs intervention. (jk) I haven't had a RP or Fuentes that I didn't like. Camacho never let me down either. Anyway, visit often there is a ton of knowledge to be had here.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    We call it "collecting". Thats exactly why I have 500 cigars and keep buying much to the irking of my wife. Welcome to the forums, make sure you take advantage of the games once you get your post count up.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Goldy:
    We call it "collecting". Thats exactly why I have 500 cigars and keep buying much to the irking of my wife. Welcome to the forums, make sure you take advantage of the games once you get your post count up.
    Same here... minus the Wife Agro or the Wife Stick out tongue [:P] it's a serious hobby for all of us, so welcome Mark and stay a while.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Welcome Matt!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome aboard bro ...
  • Options
    I know what you mean mark i just got started smoking a couple of months ago about six and i started out with a little 20 count box thinking i would never have more then 20 smokes a couple of months later had to upgrade to a 120 count box and had that filled with in a week lol, i love buying new ones. One to try is 5 vegas all the ones i have are great and i have about 50 different 5 vegas brands in my box
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, you'll find this a great group. I have golf clubs, but when I step on a golf course, people in Scotland roll over in their graves!
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    not anymore. i was 9 when we moved to the usa. i live in tennessee now.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    What part? A few of the BORK's on here live down there and I visit there a few times a year, grew up in TN and my family is still there.
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    in collierville, it is near memphis
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Welcome. I'm a "collector" too.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Welcome aboard!
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Hey Mark welcome to the forum from another forum newbie. I've been smoking for a bunch of years and have learned more on this forum than anywhere else and there always seems to be someone online to chat about cigars.

My wife and I went to Greece for our honey moon a few years ago. Loved it. All we talk about is how much we want to go back.

Anyway brother . . . Welcome.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    boydmcgowan:
    Hey Mark welcome to the forum from another forum newbie. I've been smoking for a bunch of years and have learned more on this forum than anywhere else and there always seems to be someone online to chat about cigars.

My wife and I went to Greece for our honey moon a few years ago. Loved it. All we talk about is how much we want to go back.

Anyway brother . . . Welcome.
    Welcome to both of you. Stick around... good company here.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    ellinas:
    Right now my favorite cigars are tatuaje, just about everything by oliva, and now man o war.
    I like you already Mark, welcome to the forums!
  • Options
    Welcome bro! The journey starts here. This is a great group of people we got here. Enjoy!!!
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Welcome hope you learn lots and enjoy the people on here.
  • Options
    Welcome, as a newer smoker I can answer your question that most cigar smokers do not get addicted to smoking as much as they do buying cigars. Scientifically you do not absorb as much nicotine from cigars as you do cigarettes due to the fact you do not "inhale" the smoke and absorb it through your lungs. The main areas you absorb nicotine with cigar smoking is through the lips and hands; at much lower concentrations.

So, you will probably never be "addicted" (from a chemical sense) to smoking cigars. You will just be so excited to buy new ones that you will eventually have to smoke them... It is an awfully wonderful cycle!!!! :-) ENJOY!
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Welcome and I love Tennesee...... From Ohio Originally now in California. Watch out for these Crazy Guys in the forums!