Home Non Cigar Related
Options

COD Black Ops

PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
Who's ready? How many 360 users here? Maybe we should get a CCOM team goin.

Comments

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I can't wait! I have pretty bad ADD, but only when I'm at work... :-P And this is all I have been able to think about. I am SO excited for this! Anybody is welcome to add me: stogiefiend87. Just let me know you are from the forum. I have this Thursday-Sunday off work, so it's going to be nothing but Black Ops! I'm pumped!!
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    I've only played one cod game......and i think that was modern warfare. i'm not sure which...the graphics were horrible....i heard thats only on the ps3 though which is what i have and what i played it on......I'm actually looking forward to playing black ops but only on the 360. So right now i'm stuck playing MAG on my ps3
  • Options
    ellinas:
    I've only played one cod game......and i think that was modern warfare. i'm not sure which...the graphics were horrible....i heard thats only on the ps3 though which is what i have and what i played it on......I'm actually looking forward to playing black ops but only on the 360. So right now i'm stuck playing MAG on my ps3
    I played MAG yesterday for the first time and I hated it! It plays and feels the exact same as Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and I really didn't like that game. For a PS3 game, the graphics on MAG left a LOT to be desired. Also, the way you progress through levels and weapons gives higher level too much of an advantage over the new guys. I'm pretty decent at first person shooters and I could barely hold my own in that game. There was so much unbalance in that game that it made me frustrated. And that just covers the game itself, and does not mention anything about how terrible the PS3 is for FPS (especially the controller). I'm just saying, there is a reason MLG only plays on the Xbox 360...
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I'm getting Black Ops! So excited. I hope it's true that they're getting rid of Commando, Lightweight, and Marathon. When was the last time you've ever seen someone sprint 5 times faster than you with nothing but a knife on a battlefield? I wanna play a shooter, not Mortal Kombat.

By the way, my gamertag is Oogie407 (four zero seven)
  • Options
    Is COD for the computer? even though I got the Xbox and Wii I hate playing games on those systems. For me it is the computer, by the way I DL all programs for free (Torrents) for the past 2 years I have not paid for Games ETC..... IF interested I will point you in the right direction.
  • Options
    fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    cant wait. i only play campaign until i beat the game. i never got into online play. im playing halo reach currently
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I'm going midnight release on it! I'm already in night shift mode as this whole past week, today included, I'm working nights. Really excited. I'm getting it on PS3, my PSN user name is spacemonkey0311.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Depending on if I get my own dedicated internet line here in the next week I might pick this up. If I do, I'd be down to get the CGAR clan started back up.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am getting Black Ops Tuesday with a free $30 giftcard back and a free Black Ops headset
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    jsnake:
    I am getting Black Ops Tuesday with a free $30 giftcard back and a free Black Ops headset
    WHAT?! Where? How do I get said deal? lol
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    jsnake:
    +1 ?????????????????????????????
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    jsnake:
    Nebraska Furniture Mart in Kansas City. I think it is also good online at nfm.com and starts Tuesday when the game launches. Click today's ad. If you need a zip code use 64029 and click on missouri or kansas. it is on page 15 http://www.nfm.com/FlipBkSWF.aspx
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Yeah, I've been looking forward to this game for awhile now. I'll be picking it up tomorrow. I'm on 360, my gamertag is HunterofWookies.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    PC only for me...PM me the DL info please...dont want to pay for Black Ops
  • Options
    PM me this info please..
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    If you're gonna pirate it, you might as well get it off The Pirate Bay

For those of you less than computer-savvy, just know that every time the game is updated or patched, you gotta re-download a new, updated pirate version and install it overtop the old version, else you won't be able to play
  • Options
    Sittin in my car, smokin a cigar, waiting for my copy. It's a good night
  • Options
    Got Black Ops at the midnight release last night. They had a couple PS#s set up to play it early so I hopped in for a quick game and it was absolutely the worst! It lagged in split-screen, the graphics were worse than the original PS, and that freaking controller is ridiculous! So, I was a little upset and hoping the Xbox was better. I popped it in for a few matches when I got home and it was just as I had hoped it would be, a million times better than the PS3! No real assessment so far from me, but it looks pretty decent. I need to log more play time to really give it a fair review.
  • Options
    I got it at the midnight launch last night as well. I play on xbox 360, shoot me a friend request if you would like to play to CAPSFAN
  • Options
    My wife is in line right now. Getting a free camo headset and a $30 gift card at Nebraska Furniture Mart. Probably won't play until Chirstmas. It is a gift. CGAR clan is open to any cigar lovers who want to join.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    My wife is in line right now. Getting a free camo headset and a $30 gift card at Nebraska Furniture Mart. Probably won't play until Chirstmas. It is a gift. CGAR clan is open to any cigar lovers who want to join.
    Ill prob be getting this over the weekend. and will be down for a Cgar clan
  • Options
    I'm going to pick it up this afternoon while I'm running around. I play on Xbox. TheNeed2Strugle, hit me up. I'm down for a Cgar clan.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    COD Black Ops is glorious. Too bad I had to put it down. Going to see Due Date lol. The Gamertag is VincentCarn for those 360 users.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    I miss COD I am going to by an X box just so I can get this.... and Crysis when it comes out
  • Options
    sinistersnake81 on xbox live
  • Options
    BigShow SG on XBOX
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    I picked this up for ps3 today....crazy weird graphics compared to last one....um...just started so i wont say too much but dont know if ill be playing it like crazy to be honest...
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    i found out my brother Matthaios pre bought this game and got it early today...i played it and its kinda fun but i've played mag so much that when i try to switch weapons i throw grenades and die a lot, because in MAG switching weapons is R2.
  • Options
    I would rather play on PC, but just found out my system won't run Black Ops...and my system is only two years old....what a bummer.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Hawk55:
    I would rather play on PC, but just found out my system won't run Black Ops...and my system is only two years old....what a bummer.
    What's wrong with the system? Not enough memory on the video card?