Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Surgery Tomorrow

Well life has been pretty crazy, haven't really had time to post lately. The little guy had his pre op today and gets the tubes in tomorrow morning.

Hopefully the tubes help him feel better. Starting to really get sick now(me that is...thinking about it). It will be horrible as I will be in there with him. But after I pay the stupid $3000 bill I can start to fill this beautiful 300 count the beautiful wife got me for my birthday.

Keep us in your thoughts as I'm a little worried about him being put under and my ability not to freak out!!! I need a stiff drink and a strong cigar.... or 2 that is..

Will let you know how it goes when we make it home.

Comments

• Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    its been that kinda week. i barely even wanna post my news. my thought are with you man. very simple surgery though. I know... big statement when its your kid!!! but the docs do this a 100 times a day :) Post with news when its done!
  • Options
    Hope it all goes well Brian.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Always nerve wracking when it is one of your children or wife undergoing something like this. These proceedures are very common, I have known several kids get these tubes when they are young. No problems that I know of. I feel for you though bro'. I am usually a rock until something goes wrong with one of my kids or wife. I can barely keep it together then.

Is your wife going to be there as well? Women can really be a TOWER of strength in situations like this. Our thoughts are with you and your family for tommorrow bro'.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    prayers are with you and the Family Brian Hope all goes well.,
  • Options
    I wish you and the little one the best but as mentioned in this thread, it is a common procedure, although that will do little for your nerves.

Partake in your strong drink hopefully post surgery and smoke a special cigar, God Bless.
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Prayers that everything goes smoothly. Take care.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Brian, my wife is in the medical field.. She asked me to assure you that this is a simple procedure with very little chance of complications. It is a an anxious time whenever a child is involved but know that this will be the best thing for your son. Face the day with confidence, all will be fine. If you want to prepare yourself, do a google video search. I just watched your sons procedure and it seems simple enough. I would rather have that done than most dental work for comparison sake. I'll be thinking of your family all the same.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Thanks guys. I will do a video search they make it sound easy its just seeing it done to my little boy that bothers me. plus the anesthesia that I don't like.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I think you'll be amazed how fast he recovers. Just keep Children Tylenol and Motrin near by for a day or two and then you'll forget it even happened. Hour after my daughter's, she was bouncing off the walls. You and the little one are in my prayers.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Hey Brian, I'm sure everything will go flawlessly.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Prayers made bro.
  • Options
    All went well. He's home eating and watching Sesame Street. Like others said can't even tell he had them put in and he just hugged me while they put the anesthesia mask on. no crying so it was no where near as awful as others had told me it was. My wife cried more than the baby did.

Thanks everyone for the prayers.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    sirfoster83:
    All went well. He's home eating and watching Sesame Street. Like others said can't even tell he had them put in and he just hugged me while they put the anesthesia mask on. no crying so it was no where near as awful as others had told me it was. My wife cried more than the baby did.

Great news Brother! I'm happy to hear all is will... now get some sleep...
  • Options
    robbyras:
    sirfoster83:

Great news Brother! I'm happy to hear all is will... now get some sleep...
    I wish!! It's like they installed new batteries... SERIOUSLY, He hasn't stopped running around the house. Hopefully he will take a nice long nap once he does crash though.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    sirfoster83:
    It's like they installed new batteries...
    HAHA! thats funny... but it's great news...
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Glad to hear it went well and the lil one is feeling great! Hope you get some rest at some point. I know your nerves have to be shot!
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    glad to hear!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Glad to hear it went well and the lil one is feeling great! Hope you get some rest at some point. I know your nerves have to be shot!
    You know it. Had pre-op and all that yesterday so I have a bunch of homework to do as well. He's finally going down for a nap so now its the hard choice of falling another day behind or getting some rest.
  • Options
    sirfoster83:

Great news.
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    i'll pray that everything goes ok, also you shouldnt worry so much. the probability of dying during something like that is 8000 to 1
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad to hear that you have all gotten through this. Now as others have said, try and get some rest.
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Glad to hear all went well sorry about the huge bill. Your insurance does not cover tubes?
  • Options
    just have to cover the deductible. Its met for the rest of the year at least
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    glad all is well bro ...