Home General Discussion
Options

Tim Ozgener leaving cigar biz

wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
Tim Ozgener just announced that he's giving up his career at CAO to pursue personal interests at home in Tennessee. Looks like General Cigar will be carrying the torch for CAO.

http://www.acigarsmoker.com/2010/11/09/press-release-tim-ozgener-departs-cigae-business/

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    It's a shame. CAO finally does something right (La Traviata and La Trav Maduro), and Tim leaves. Bummer. I'm sure General will find a way to destroy the brand.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    General is taking the helm?? Get ready for prices to go up...

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    General is taking the helm?? Get ready for prices to go up...
    Stephen Hannibal and I talked about this sometime during the morning on Facebook, it's a damn shame to see this happen but I don't think prices will go up, they just won't have anything new for some time imo.
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    thats a shame......but tennessee is a good place to live Smile [:)]
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All sorts of craziness going on in the cigar industry.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    seems the company that they merged with is moving CAO and he doesn't want to leave Tenn. Can't say I blame him, I wouldn't want to leave my home either.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ... better stock up on the italias while they are still good...
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    It's a shame. CAO finally does something right (La Traviata and La Trav Maduro), and Tim leaves. Bummer. I'm sure General will find a way to destroy the brand.
    I agree whole-heartedly with you on that Doc, La Traviata is a damn fine smoke, one of my favorites. And lets not forget the CAO Brazilia as well, that's a great cigar.

• Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Man. With everything going on, it's almost like the cigar world's mimicking the world of celebrities. They always lose people in sets of three. Wonder who the next one might be.

Looking at General Cigars, they seem like the EA of the cigar industry. Maybe I should stock up on CAOs...but no money.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like my next box purchase will have to be the CAO Criollo, maybe 2 boxes.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Just want to point out that CAO has been under the Scandinavian Tobacco banner since 07, and the only connection to General Cigar now is that General and C.A.O.'s parent companies, Scandinavian Tobacco and Swedish Match are now merged into one big company, Scandinavian Tobacco Group, which happened a few months ago. Technically General doesn't own C.A.O., but rather, they are all just part of one company now. I can't imagine anything will change in terms of current products as a result of this... But you never know.

In related news, General Cigar and all related brands are now headquartered in my hometown. Might be time for some firebombing...
  • Options
    GarheadGarhead Posts: 41
    docbp87:
    Yeop...bought myself a box of LT's and a box of Italias.....
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    kuzi16:

thats about the size of that! the only Cigar they make that I really like.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Redtailhawkoz:
    kuzi16:

thats about the size of that! the only Cigar they make that I really like.
    Ozzie have you tired the Brazilia (Gol being my fav)?