Home General Discussion
Options

Oliva V Mad Just Landed

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Our 2010 allocation of the Oliva Serie V Maduro Torpedo just landed. Boxes of 10. We have a very limited number and I expect them to sell out in a matter of days if not hours. Wanted to give you guys first crack. You can find them by going to our Oliva Serie V page and they are at the bottom under "maduro". Note that they dont show in stock yet but will show in stock later today. You can put them on backorder. Doing so will put you in line to ensure you get what you want.

Comments

• Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Thanks for the heads up Alex. Decisions....do I eat this week or get the 2010's? hmmmm
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Alex, how are these different from the previous years? or are they even different?
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Yeah, I would like to hear your comments about these before I make my decision. How do these compare to other years Alex. Are they as good as the '08's?
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Sandman1am:
    Thanks for the heads up Alex. Decisions....do I eat this week or get the 2010's? hmmmm
    No brainer! Cigar Imposed Diet this week!
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    Sandman1am:
    You have the whole year to eat. These are only out now. =)
  • Options
    Russ55:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Sandman1am:
    True very true and I could stand to lose a few pounds.
  • Options
    just picked a box of ten cant wait to get them and smoked a couple of them and let the others sit for a little bit and see how they are in like a year
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Man im surely headed for divorce with all these wondeful things I must have.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Sandman1am:
    Russ55:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Sandman1am:
    Ramen's cheap, do both!
  • Options
    Garen B:
    Sandman1am:
    Russ55:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Sandman1am:
    Ramen's cheap, do both!
    Ya and I can spice it up and serve it many different way too.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    Pfft. I managed to survive as a broke college student a few years back. I had to live off of white bread and mustard for a week. Smoke some more :P
  • Options
    In all honesty I have yet to smoke one from this years release. would love to tell you guys they are great and encourage you to buy as many as you can, but I just cant lie to you guys. I will try to smoke one tomorrow and give you a report. I still have a box of original release in my humi. It is actually full.
  • Options
    wwhwang:
    Sandman1am:
    Pfft. I managed to survive as a broke college student a few years back. I had to live off of white bread and mustard for a week. Smoke some more :P
    Two words. "Ramen Noodle". I lived in the basement of an apartment building feeding on this stuff for my first few years out of college. Let me tell ya, living on minimum wage in Chicago aint easy my friend. That was many years ago, but truth be told, I still keep keep ample supply of the chicken and beef flavor in the cabinet.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    thats the box that i would love to get my hands on! lol
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    wwhwang:
    Sandman1am:
    Two words. "Ramen Noodle". I lived in the basement of an apartment building feeding on this stuff for my first few years out of college. Let me tell ya, living on minimum wage in Chicago aint easy my friend. That was many years ago, but truth be told, I still keep keep ample supply of the chicken and beef flavor in the cabinet.
    Ah...ramen noodles. I had to survive off that too. That and cans of spaghetti and meatballs courtesy of Chef-Boy-ar-dee. About the ramen noodles. If anyone is interested in a cheap recipe for ramen noodles that actually tastes good, lemme know.

And I'd love for a review on the Oliva V Maduro.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Box split anyone? PM me.
  • Options
    what is the original release? date...
  • Options
    wwhwang:
    Alex Svenson:
    wwhwang:
    Sandman1am:
    Ah...ramen noodles. I had to survive off that too. That and cans of spaghetti and meatballs courtesy of Chef-Boy-ar-dee. About the ramen noodles. If anyone is interested in a cheap recipe for ramen noodles that actually tastes good, lemme know.

And I'd love for a review on the Oliva V Maduro.
    OK the man himself has spoken so Ramen it is and I think I will bite (hahaha) on these. Wwhwang you better send me that recipe. Maybe there is something on the web too. Wow I think I've sunk to an all time low, I'm not even in college anymore and have a good career....lol oh well guess I have my passions down.
  • Options
    Hawk55:
    Box split anyone? PM me.
    Hawk maybe we can work this out with our other planned box split. I pm'ed you yesterday about. Let me know what you think.
  • Options
    What's your verdict, Alex?
  • Options
    Blend seems same as last year. Full and sweet. Nice slickness with some chewy qualities and a thick smoke.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Got a box on the way. Can't wait to give one a try, though it may be a year or two. :P
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    of course I see this today after I ordered a box of shorties last night..... SUCK!
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    Blend seems same as last year. Full and sweet. Nice slickness with some chewy qualities and a thick smoke.
    Yummy I can't wait for mine to get here next week. Gonna try the single 1st then decide if I'm going to jump on them. Thanks for the input Alex....mouth is watering.
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    MMMMMMM I have a box of the 09... well I had a box I only have a few left now. Would love to get a box of the 10
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Not a big money order but ordered two of these, and weekend blitz. Never had one before so we will have to see.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Hawk55:
    of the original blend?
    October of 08 was the first year the blend was released.
    i think i have one 08 left and one or two 09s left. i havent decided if i wanna get the 2010s. i may be a bit late to get em now. not too big of a deal. i mean, i have nowhere to put them anyway.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    I got a box headed my way!!!
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Hawk55:
    of the original blend?
    October of 08 was the first year the blend was released.
    i think i have one 08 left and one or two 09s left. i havent decided if i wanna get the 2010s. i may be a bit late to get em now. not too big of a deal. i mean, i have nowhere to put them anyway.
    Kuzi if you need room I can help! lol Ccom still has them.....for now.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Had one today, very nice smoke. I can't wait after a year to light up another one. The new wrapper really made the cigar shine in my book. A full bodied cigar yet sweeter than the last two years. I definite try.