Options

Ave Maria

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    fla-gypsy:
    laker1963:
    fla-gypsy:
    I got mine on Friday and couldn't wait any longer. Just finished my first one and my head is still spinning as I type. The prelight aroma and taste is fantastic. Construction and burn were perfect as expected. The flavor is very complex with lots of coffee and plenty of other flavors I couldnot pick out. The strength was much greater than anticipated and I am a bit incapacitated from it. The finish is dry and long on this stick and good. I am going to rest the others for a few weeks to see what the difference is. Try it, you will like it. When I can think straight again I will come back and add to this.
    Still waiting....
    Well after much thought and Lakers poke in the ribs my opinion is this is a tasty stick that is probably not for everyone and not worth the retail price but still good and should be tried.
    OH LMAO. Gypsy when I said I was still waiting I meant I was still waiting for mine to arrive. Looks like it may actually be the last thing I get from C.COM.

I appreciate your further comments though, LOL. I look forward to this one, but think I will have a big lunch before I tackle it based on your experience with it. Thanks.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    fla-gypsy:
    laker1963:
    fla-gypsy:
    I got mine on Friday and couldn't wait any longer. Just finished my first one and my head is still spinning as I type. The prelight aroma and taste is fantastic. Construction and burn were perfect as expected. The flavor is very complex with lots of coffee and plenty of other flavors I couldnot pick out. The strength was much greater than anticipated and I am a bit incapacitated from it. The finish is dry and long on this stick and good. I am going to rest the others for a few weeks to see what the difference is. Try it, you will like it. When I can think straight again I will come back and add to this.
    Still waiting....
    Well after much thought and Lakers poke in the ribs my opinion is this is a tasty stick that is probably not for everyone and not worth the retail price but still good and should be tried.
    OH LMAO. Gypsy when I said I was still waiting I meant I was still waiting for mine to arrive. Looks like it may actually be the last thing I get from C.COM.

I appreciate your further comments though, LOL. I look forward to this one, but think I will have a big lunch before I tackle it based on your experience with it. Thanks.
    Good idea, I was not expecting the strength I encountered but I like that kind of thing.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Maybe if the massive (cool looking, but pretty gaudy) bands didn't cost 3$ each, these cigars would retail for a price that they are actually worth...
  • Options
    I am having the Ark whatever right now. I think it is 4.5x60. I love the larger ring gauges so ordered a 5 pack to try. Construction and burn is perfect 2/3 in, taste I am picking up is leather, not sure what else. Very good smoke so far, I look forward to trying these with some time on them as well. Great ROTT though. I also picked up a 5pk of the San Miguel belicoso. Had that one Fri night! That smoke was incredible! Again, construction and burn were perfect the whole way. Started burning my finger about 45min in. That stick definitely had more goin on flavor wise than this Ave Marie does though. They will both have a permanent spot in my humi though!
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    laker1963:
    fla-gypsy:
    laker1963:
    fla-gypsy:
    Still waiting....

Good idea, I was not expecting the strength I encountered but I like that kind of thing.

I smoked another in honor of the Jaguars hail Mary game winning touchdown pass and I picked up some definite smooth leather in the flavor this time. It is easy to see that this stick will continue to improve with some rest. Considering the price point that Ccom has come in with I am retracting my not worth the retail price statement and I am now neutral on that. This is another example of AJ's genius. Give it a try.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    I'm feeling kinda outta the know right now. Exactly what deal are we talking about?
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    The band art is fantastic. Hopefully ill get to actually smoke one tonight and see how they are OTT.
  • Options
    Gypsy you are right... has some sneaky strength. First was great, great flavors... the second one kicked me in the butt soon after I lit it up. Good overall cigar, right up my alley.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    So Hays and i had one off the truck today...while a decent smoke..i wont be buying box quantity! Great draw, perfect burn, excellent smoke, yet kinda harsh and bland to me...but not bad at a discount!
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    I have been dying to try one of theese and Ordered a Package of them from CCOM and they have been lost in the mail! Floating around somewhere The tracking info says out for delivery 5 days ago....... LOST........ Crying...... The Beard Has peldged to send me out some Replacements..... I have been hounding the Post office and they are clueless....... I have actuially had three packages lost going out or coming to me in the last 3 weeks and Thats BS... USPS has got to get their heads out of there assess!
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    I have been dying to try one of theese and Ordered a Package of them from CCOM and they have been lost in the mail! Floating around somewhere The tracking info says out for delivery 5 days ago....... LOST........ Crying...... The Beard Has peldged to send me out some Replacements..... I have been hounding the Post office and they are clueless....... I have actuially had three packages lost going out or coming to me in the last 3 weeks and Thats BS... USPS has got to get their heads out of there assess!
    . Oz they are to busy losing money to find your goods
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Did Ccom ship them USPS or UPS? I always get my Ccom stuff from UPS.....
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    well I alwasy get it USPS.... HATE UPS it always takes 2 weeks from them !
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Had one last night. The Ark of the Covenant vitola. A very good stick. Great construction. Good burn. Perfect draw. Lots of cedar and leather. Half way through I picked up some interesting notes that I'm not too familiar with. Had almost like a sweet anise flavor on the finish. Also some nutty flavors. Almond or hazelnut maybe? It was slightly bitter. I only gave it a few days rest off the truck. All in all, a good smoke. I give it a solid 7.5. I'll try the other one I have after a month or so rest.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I just had a Crusader and it was GOOD! With only a week-ish of rest it was awesome, but I have a feeling it will be amazing with age. Another grand slam from the genius that is AJ!
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    Just had a Crusader, and I'm really not a fan. It's very similar to the Virtue, which I'm not a fan of either. Full of spice and pepper, but still very light. Not my taste. Soon enough (maybe after Big Smoke), I'm gunna want to get rid of these in either a trade or bomb. Some peeps better watch out :-)
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Interesting, I didn't find it to be anything like the Virtue at all, or light in any way. Just goes to show how different perception can be...
  • Options
    Duder2:
    Interesting, I didn't find it to be anything like the Virtue at all, or light in any way. Just goes to show how different perception can be...
    Well, Idk how it changes further into the stick, because I couldnt get past the first inch. The Beginning reminded me of the virtue. Maybe light is the wrong word. What I mean is that it's not bold like the Ruination, it's just spicy.
  • Options
    PsychoSJG:
    Duder2:
    Well, Idk how it changes further into the stick, because I couldnt get past the first inch. The Beginning reminded me of the virtue. Maybe light is the wrong word. What I mean is that it's not bold like the Ruination, it's just spicy.
    I rarely like the first inch of any stick, but the paydirt is in the sweet spot for me.
  • Options
    I agree that mot dont start off that great and need time to warm up and get down there, But the Virtue and Ave Maria, and Henry Clay were the only cigars that i couldnt do it. Just offended my palate haha
  • Options
    I don't see any resemblance to Virtue, or any connecticut for that matter. I did taste a STRONG resemblance to SCCC though. Almost too strong of a resemblance - like, why would I pay for this when I can spend less money on the exact same stick with a different band? But since I like SCCC, not all was lost.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Just had my first one today! Another great cigar from AJ Fernandez. A bit of pepper, spice, and wood. Some mild coffee and quite a bit of amaretto and almonds. Got a little harsh near the nub though. A bit more rest will do great.
  • Options
    wwhwang:
    Just had my first one today! Another great cigar from AJ Fernandez. A bit of pepper, spice, and wood. Some mild coffee and quite a bit of amaretto and almonds. Got a little harsh near the nub though. A bit more rest will do great.
    I am resting the 2 I have for another week to see how they improve.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Just picked up a fiver of the Crusaders. I am really interested in trying that particular size.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Unthought_Known:
    I don't see any resemblance to Virtue, or any connecticut for that matter. I did taste a STRONG resemblance to SCCC though. Almost too strong of a resemblance - like, why would I pay for this when I can spend less money on the exact same stick with a different band? But since I like SCCC, not all was lost.
    What is a SCCC?
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    KCW:
    Unthought_Known:
    What is a SCCC?
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    KCW:
    Unthought_Known:
    What is a SCCC?
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet
    Thank you.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Spam much?

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    Spam much?

He blew up the whole forum. I've already reported it a few times