Home General Discussion
Options

Excited!

Ok, So I had to post this because I am really excited even though no one else probably cares. I am new to cigar smoking and I haven't tried any of the following yet but I just received an order which includes one each of all the Man O' Wars (including original, ruination, special edition, virtue, and TWO Armadas), all the Diesels (shorty, unholy, and d6 unlimited), and one Ave Maria. Plus I also just received the RP Patel Bros Daily Deal from last week. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning because of the hype over ALL of these cigars. Someone please tell me these cigars are as good as they look/smell because I can't wait to try them all!!!

Comments

• Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Smoking cigars is not a safe alternative to cigarettes, therefore you should send them all to me as I'm just too far-gone to be saved, and save yourself...

All kidding aside, you have a very nice starter kit going.
  • Options
    Oh, and all the diesels are good, the ones I've had (haven't had the shorty). MOW I liked, the virtue was meh, but I'm a full body guy.

Fluff
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Cabi can you really say "fluff" outside of the "fluff" thread?
    And welcome to the fold newbie, soon you'll be buying more than you have space for.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    And welcome to the fold newbie, soon you'll be buying more than you have space for.

Fluff.

There, I said it.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    cabinetmaker:
    stephen_hannibal:

Fluff.

There, I said it.
    keep fluffing man... keep fluffing.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Congrats. I know I still get excited when I have a nice shipment on the way.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I agree, whenever I receive a shipment I get so excited I love looking and inspecting each stick as I put them away in the humidor. My wife just rolls her eyes, and doesn't get it; I compare it to her new books since she is constantly reading.
  • Options
    welcome to the insanity......wait till u start trading wit others then u won't know what's coming talk about feeling like christmas its the feeling of the last big present u always wait for last. That's what I get when I get a package in the mail.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    newbiesmoker24:
    Ok, So I had to post this because I am really excited even though no one else probably cares. I am new to cigar smoking and I haven't tried any of the following yet but I just received an order which includes one each of all the Man O' Wars (including original, ruination, special edition, virtue, and TWO Armadas), all the Diesels (shorty, unholy, and d6 unlimited), and one Ave Maria. Plus I also just received the RP Patel Bros Daily Deal from last week. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning because of the hype over ALL of these cigars. Someone please tell me these cigars are as good as they look/smell because I can't wait to try them all!!!
    If you truely are a newer smoker I would suggest a couple of things. First make sure you eat something prior to smoking any of those sticks. Most of them are considered full bodied or heavy medium bodied, particularly for a newer smoker.

I would say the MOW Virtue would be a good start, as the rest certainly ramp up the body from there.

These are all great sticks. you should enjoy them, if you enjoy fuller bodied sticks. Good selections for sure.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    cabinetmaker:
    Oh, and all the diesels are good, the ones I've had (haven't had the shorty). MOW I liked, the virtue was meh, but I'm a full body guy.

Fluff
    I'm almost the opposite; I like the mild and medium smokes far more than the full-bodied ones, and the MOW Virtue was great for me; the MOW Ruination and original MOW are nice smokes, but like Laker said, make sure you have something on your stomach - it ain't fun to turn green, vomit in the toilet, and pass out on the couch after taking in more nicotine than your body can handle

In any case, the OP has a great selection to choose from - I'm always checking the mailbox religiously every 30 min. when I know a shipment is coming on a certain day
  • Options
    laker1963:
    newbiesmoker24:
    If you truely are a newer smoker I would suggest a couple of things. First make sure you eat something prior to smoking any of those sticks. Most of them are considered full bodied or heavy medium bodied, particularly for a newer smoker.

I would say the MOW Virtue would be a good start, as the rest certainly ramp up the body from there.

These are all great sticks. you should enjoy them, if you enjoy fuller bodied sticks. Good selections for sure.
    I have smoked a solid one or two dozen sticks since I started really getting into it about three months ago. So about one to two a week. I really love full bodied smokes and haven't had too many mild smokes that I enjoyed. The only mild smoke I have really enjoyed so far is the Montecristo classic (No. 2).

The strongest cigar I think have smoked so far is the Camacho Triple Maduro or the Gurkha Legend. And I felt it in the head but not the stomach. My new line-up has a lot of Pennsylvania broad-leaf wrappers which I am very excited to try! Thanks for the warnings though!!!
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    I volunteer to help the Cabinetmaker so he doesn't have to share this burden alone!!!
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Sounds like you have a good start !
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    thats awesome man. i get the same way but a day before one of my shipments come in....
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    enjoy your new selection, all really great choices for sure.

as far as fluff, i've never posted in the fluff thread. my post count came the old fashioned way, being a nerd

• Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Those are great cigars, think you will be happy with those choices :)
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Did you just post a thread in the 101 about your 20ct humi thats full? what are you doing with the stogies? This is why you need at least a 125ct humi LOL
  • Options
    jship079:
    Did you just post a thread in the 101 about your 20ct humi thats full? what are you doing with the stogies? This is why you need at least a 125ct humi LOL
    Lol, I have moved into the tupperdor world!!! We gotta get together to smoke sometime. We are in the same city!
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawk55:
    I volunteer to help the Cabinetmaker so he doesn't have to share this burden alone!!!
    It's heartwarming, the sacrifices we're willing to make. I don't know if I would be able to sleep at night knowing that y'all had to take on this burden alone... :D
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I love it when I get new stuff to try. It's like a fat kid in a candy store except I really am fat!