Home General Discussion
Options

Florida Play by Play

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Headed down to Naples for the Grand Opening of Burn, which is a new cigar bar Rocky Patel is opening. Lots of industry folks set to be in attendance. Boarding the plane in a few, bag loaded with cigars and excited to see everyone.

Comments

• Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    man that beats the hell outta me sittin here watching the new adventures of old christine on lifetime and eating a turkey sandwich... lucky...
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Nice. Bring back some photos, man. Lucky.
  • Options
    Will load pics for sure.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Man to hell with pics! Alex, you need to send all of your faithful BORKs some of those new sticks!!!!! :P
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Man Alex your life is a dream come true.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Awesome!! The family has a place in Bonita Springs. I know where I'm goin next time I'm down there!!!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    Love these play by play threads. What a great industry to be a part of.
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Sounds like fun. I have fond memories of visiting Naples. My grandfather lived there for about the last 6 or 7 years of his life.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Headed down to Naples for the Grand Opening of Burn, which is a new cigar bar Rocky Patel is opening. Lots of industry folks set to be in attendance. Boarding the plane in a few, bag loaded with cigars and excited to see everyone.
    This sounds like a ton of fun, I am a HUGE RP fan, so please take lots of pics! I will actually be seeing Rocky this saturday at a local B&M party, I will make sure to ask him about Burn.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    I am so bleeping jealous!
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Damn. I just got back from Naples on Sunday. Wish I were there this week. I'll be down there again in February so I'll have to look it up. I'm assuming it's near downtown Alex?
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Sounds like a blast. Looking forward to some stories and pictures.
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    I had read about this bar, sounds like a cool place to hang out. too bad it's not closer to where I live.
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    The guys who own the B&M in Minnetonka are down in Naples as well. Must be the place to be in the Cigar World
  • Options
    The party was great. The place is 3500 sqf in a shopping area next to a very popular night club. It is also right next to capital grill and Flemings steakhouse so great location. Rocky really pit a lot of effort into it. Lots of upgrades etc and a huge walkin humidor with many brands represented. A lot I'd the heavy bitters were there including Nestor Plasencia, pepin Garcia and a ton of retailers as well as my major competitors. All in all 400 people were in attendance. Pictures to follow.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    The party was great. The place is 3500 sqf in a shopping area next to a very popular night club. It is also right next to capital grill and Flemings steakhouse so great location. Rocky really pit a lot of effort into it. Lots of upgrades etc and a huge walkin humidor with many brands represented. A lot I'd the heavy bitters were there including Nestor Plasencia, pepin Garcia and a ton of retailers as well as my major competitors. All in all 400 people were in attendance. Pictures to follow.
    Sweet.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Sounds like a future vacation destination!
  • Options
    docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    Pictures are ok but how 'bout every time an event comes around have a contest and take one of us. i'll even carry your bags, drive the car, turn down the bed, and put a mint on your pillow. but that is where it ends. have a great day.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    docedwards:
    Pictures are ok but how 'bout every time an event comes around have a contest and take one of us. i'll even carry your bags, drive the car, turn down the bed, and put a mint on your pillow. but that is where it ends. have a great day.
    I'm almost certain all of us would do that + more
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    t_evan50:
    Sounds like a future vacation destination!
    this!
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    +1...fond memories of Naples. A friend had a condo there..we would fly down in the winter to play golf. I loved those getaways!!! (Had to let him know we were pissed when he sold his condo...)
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    I part company on the "more" part...LOL
  • Options
    Just had lunch with jose Oliva and the whole Oliva crew. They are jacked about studio tabac and I must say, it sounds interesting. Lots of concept blends as well as small limited production stuff. There will be some exclusive stuff just for cigar.com. Oh yes and the whole thing kicks off in feb or march with the release of the all new Cain daytona which will also bereadily available at cigar.com we had much followed by espresso at a cigar longe in fort myers. Jose was kind enough to bring along a box of original release Oliva v churchills and before they left he gave me 5 Cain Lanceros which are not out yet. They look delicious. As always, the folks at oliva were standup gentleman. Keep your eye on these guys bext year.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Alex Svenson:
    Just had lunch with jose Oliva and the whole Oliva crew. They are jacked about studio tabac and I must say, it sounds interesting. Lots of concept blends as well as small limited production stuff. There will be some exclusive stuff just for cigar.com. Oh yes and the whole thing kicks off in feb or march with the release of the all new Cain daytona which will also bereadily available at cigar.com we had much followed by espresso at a cigar longe in fort myers. Jose was kind enough to bring along a box of original release Oliva v churchills and before they left he gave me 5 Cain Lanceros which are not out yet. They look delicious. As always, the folks at oliva were standup gentleman. Keep your eye on these guys bext year.
    Alex, it sounds like you need a personal assistant to help out with all this madness... I take direction well and make a mean cup of coffee, as well as assorted cocktails... lets discuss a starting date...
  • Options
    Here are the pics from the event.

Walking up to the bar

Photobucket

Inside

Photobucket

Inside looking in toward the walk in humidor

Photobucket
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Looks like an awesome time! Maybe one of these days I'll get to make it out there and check it out! Glad you had a good time Alex.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    so is this Cain Daytona along the same lines as powerful, etc. What's the wrapper? Cain Lancero huh, awesome. Let us know how you like it.
  • Options
    I don't gave a ton of details on the daytona. I will try to get more info for you guys. I smoked that Cain f lancero and it was great
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Get your hands on any of the Illusione BURN cigars that Dion made for Rocky?
  • Options
    I did not. I heard a few makers we producing some specific blends for the bar including Dion but it did not look like any were in stock yet at the grand opening. Must be Burn 2.0 or something.