Home General Discussion
Options

Moving back to Chicago

Well, after months of searching, interviewing, and negotiating, I finally took a job that is getting me back to Chicago. We have been looking forward to this for quite some time.

Last night, I smoked a Padron 26 Anniv. to celebrate the occasion.

Comments

• Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    congrats on the job and the smoke
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    vankleekkw:
    Well, after months of searching, interviewing, and negotiating, I finally took a job that is getting me back to Chicago. We have been looking forward to this for quite some time.

Hey Van.. Just in time for winter. Welcome back to the neighborhood. Will you end up downtown, or in the suburbs ?
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    kaspera79:
    vankleekkw:

Hey Van.. Just in time for winter. Welcome back to the neighborhood. Will you end up downtown, or in the suburbs ?
    You're going the wrong way!!

j/k (sorta)... congrats, Van!
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Great town have lived here about 10 years. Are you moving downtown or to the burbs? Live out in Naperville myself - if you have kids it's a great town about 30 miles west and a little south of the city.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Congrats, van! Glad you're getting back where you want to be. Quite a coup, I guess, considering the state of the economy.

I've been to Naperville. At least, I think it was Naperville.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!

JUst be careful where you live... I was in a part near Wrigley-ville where all the guys kept giving me backrubs... Granted I didn't mind the extra attention but, you know, be careful
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I know a lot of people from around Naperville and Glen Ellyn... they all went to high school at Bennett (sp). I dated one or two of them for a bit in college. From what I remember about Naperville, it is indeed a great town, but a rather pricey place to live.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Well, Chicago was my home town for the first 21 years of my life. I have no plans on moving anywhere near Wrigleyville (aka Boy's Town) as I am a die hard Sox fan. The company that I am working for is in Morton Grove so I will be along some sort of main highway that takes me there. Don't know if I can afford Napervillle price's but you never know with the housing market on the decline in Chicago. Our initial plans will have us going to one of the south suburbs.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    I've been here for a week staying currently in Northbrook. Anyone have any suggestions for Cigar friendly establishments as I am in an apartment and can only smoke on the balcony.