Home General Discussion

Humidor Rentals ?? !!

Forgive a new member if this has come up before, but after seeing some much angst about not having enough humi room to buy this or that , what about renting space ?? I'm thinking we buy it when the time is right, CC stores it for us while we all age and mellow, and sends it to us when we have room to take it ?? Wonder if something could be worked out ?? Anybody doing this already?

Comments

• I don't think the demand would be there. I personally wouldn't want to "rent" and pay a monthly fee to keep cigars stored in a foreign place I had no access to. The main reason people complain about not buying this or that is because there is usually a good sale. Well, renting space to store the cigars would defeat the purpose of buying it at a sale price. Furthermore, there would have to be an insurance policy in place and more overhead and inventory that ccom would have to organize and keep track of. I don't think it would be lucrative for ccom or demanded by many customers. That is just my two cents though. Anyone else have a thought?
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    One thing to add, Alot of B&Ms have "memberships" where you get a humidified storage locker in the store. I guess this could be considered a humidor rental. My local B&M does, and I've been thinking about it for a while now, but I've never pulled the trigger. I just don't hang out there enough to be worth the fee.
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I agree for newbiesmokers reasons plis there really are too many cheap options these days to keep cigars healthy when you have overflow for this to work. Ziplocks, coolidors, tupperware, etc. I do wish that there was a smoke shop by me with locker space. I would love to have a B&M stash, especially in the winter, but I live in NYS and smoking is more frowned upon than embezzlement, so I'll have to stick with my home base for now.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    ironhorse:
    but I live in NYS and smoking is more frowned upon than embezzlement
    HAHAHA. I hear you man. California sounds pretty similar. Thats hilarious.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    boydmcgowan:
    One thing to add, Alot of B&Ms have "memberships" where you get a humidified storage locker in the store. I guess this could be considered a humidor rental. My local B&M does, and I've been thinking about it for a while now, but I've never pulled the trigger. I just don't hang out there enough to be worth the fee.
    Yea this is what I was gonna say. A buddy of mine is a locker holder at our B&M and not only does he get the extra space to store smokes, but he gets additional discounts on everything he buys.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Humidors are cheap enough, I am currently up to 5, my wife thinks I am crazy, but damn so many good deals and I always need more space. I joke to my wife that I am going to make a humidor room to store my sticks, my wife frowns on this of course. I think the B&M locker idea is more reasonable since it is more accessible, than waiting for shipping.