Home General Discussion
Options

Message from BOTL in CANADA...my latest & LAST direct Order arrived today :(

bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
while messages are often in a bottle, and it could be appropriate also, but I guess the title says it ...just picked up my LAST direct order from ccom....real mixed emotions...weird day all around...sure wish I had made it bigger, but the orders can't/couldn't be too big or they draw/drew too much attentino coming across (it included the Tundra lighter, 2 PA Broadleaf samplers, G2/turbo Sampler, 10 RP Connies)....sadest part is only the lighter and 1 PA are for me, the rest for a buddy....so now I am looking for a buffalo/ western NY botl that is willing to be a receiver and re-shipper for me....I almost had a new neighbour coming to live not 10 minutes away in kitchener (I think you all know him :) wwhwang!....but his situation has changed, I think/hope for the better

Comments

• Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    Ill be looking for someone to be my *** soon aswell :p
  • Options
    this may sound like a stupid question, but why can't you order from here anymore? ban of cigars in canada? or are we not shipping their anymore?
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    kevster77:
    this may sound like a stupid question, but why can't you order from here anymore? ban of cigars in canada? or are we not shipping their anymore?
    ... hey kev, you had to wake it up again ? PM on the way
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearb:
    while messages are often in a bottle, and it could be appropriate also, but I guess the title says it ...just picked up my LAST direct order from ccom....real mixed emotions...weird day all around...sure wish I had made it bigger, but the orders can't/couldn't be too big or they draw/drew too much attentino coming across (it included the Tundra lighter, 2 PA Broadleaf samplers, G2/turbo Sampler, 10 RP Connies)....sadest part is only the lighter and 1 PA are for me, the rest for a buddy....so now I am looking for a buffalo/ western NY botl that is willing to be a receiver and re-shipper for me....I almost had a new neighbour coming to live not 10 minutes away in kitchener (I think you all know him :) wwhwang!....but his situation has changed, I think/hope for the better
    This is crazy. This isn't being resolved? I missed something. It just CAN'T be that hard. I must still be missing something, how can this be not finished?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos Umwhat:
    bearb:
    This is crazy. This isn't being resolved? I missed something. It just CAN'T be that hard. I must still be missing something, how can this be not finished?
    It is resolved, fact is they arnt shippiing internationaly any more.
  • Options
    Well, THAT SUCKS!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    Well, THAT SUCKS!
    ////Well it just adds a complication to the shipping. We 'outsiders' just need to make a friend, get it shipped to a botl, then pay them to re-ship to us...inconvenient yes....but doable...with a little help from our friends....please any Buffalo/ Western New York state BOTL..please PM me if you are interested thanxs in advance
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Why not just order from a different company?
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    JCizzle:
    Why not just order from a different company?
    stick around for a while and you'll find out
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    I just wonder how this will affect us boys in blue? I know shipping to APO/FPO addresses take the exact same paper work, custom form and so on, as international. The last order I put in was right before all this happened.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Thewelder:
    I just wonder how this will affect us boys in blue? I know shipping to APO/FPO addresses take the exact same paper work, custom form and so on, as international. The last order I put in was right before all this happened.
    I think the guy's in the sevices will be taken care of. I have been wondering if anyone at C.COM sat down and crunched some numbers to see if it may be worthwhile to hire a single person, who works for them alone at the warehouse to fill all the international orders. I wonder if there are enough international orders to make this worthwhile.

I have had several offers to have my orders re-shipped from the very generous BOTL here, thank you all. To me though, that is a temporary solution at best. I can't / won't ask someone to act as a broker for me, nor frankly do I want to have to go to such means to purchase a product from any company, that is not a one time sort of purchase. I just can't see myself a year from now still asking you guy's to act as a go between. Just can't get past that fat guy in the gym feeling, and wish our business was as important to C.Com as all the US BOTL here.

Sorry guy's not trying to start this thing up again. Guess I'm still a little disapointed.
  • Options
    Thewelder:
    Shouldn't be a problem for you. That's why the addresses are APO NY, or something of the sort, remains U.S. American. Or, at least, that's how it used to work.

• Options
    I was wondering what happened to that thread last week. I read it on the weekend but didn't catch the resolution or explaination before the thread disappeared.

Not that it will effect me since I'm in Texas, but I was curious.