Home General Discussion
Options

Size Matters?

Hey guys I wanna carry about 150-200 cigars in an airplane to travel overseas over the summer and was wondering I cannot afford a good humi do i decided to put that on on hold for now and so I decided to use a large tupperware to store the cigars.

Now my question is, I want to buy a tupperware product off line and wanted to know what size should i get? remember around 150-200 cigars (Most likely 100 Churchills and the rest various sizes)

A) 37-cups (8.8 L) Dimensions: (9"H x 7 3/8"W x 11"L (23 x 19 x 28 cm)) B) 27 1/2-cups (6.5 L) Dimensions: (6 3/4"H x 7 3/8"W x 11"L (17 x 19 x 28 cm)) heres the link: http://order.tupperware.com/coe/app/tup_show_item.show_item_detail?fv_item_category_code=17000&fv_item_number=P10049342000

Another question I have is I want to buy 100 Honduran Primeros and other types should I just throw them all in one big one or separate them to into different types? (ex) I thought of getting a couple of Java's from drew estate and maybe a couple acids but because their flavorful gars I am afraid that they will mess with the flavor of the rest of my better cigars like gurkha, CAO, Olivea and ect...

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im not sure on the size of the tupperware at all. Ive never had to ship that many.

as far as seperating out cigars... the only ones that NEED to be seperated out are the javas and the acids. those will ruin your other cigars. if you want to break em down into types and package as such it wont hurt. ...it wont help any though, its just what you feel like doing
  • Options
    ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Let's say you have 100 churchills that are 7 x 48. With the ring size being 48 you have a cigar that 3/4 around. So if you were able to stack them perfectly 10 x 10, you should have a stack 7.5" high by 7.5" wide by 7" long (I hope my math is right). I would say that "A" would probably be my choice, it's only 2-1/4" taller than "B" which should give you plenty of extra room, especially if your looking at taking 200 smokes with you. Besides you'll need to make room for some water pillows, etc.

I agree with kuzi as far as the javas and acids

Just an fyi, but you might want to look at what your allowed to bring into the country. I would hate to see any BOTL get "reviewed" by customs and possibly lose their cargo.