Home General Discussion

Cigar with coffee

So it's 9:45am here in CA and I'm thinkin about having a smoke with my coffee... I normally don't smoke in the morning, so I thought I'd ask for some recommendations... I was thinking about a 5 Vegas Gold... any thoughts?

Comments

• JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    That sounds **** delicious.
    Light 'em up.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    haha, dude, Cigars in the morning are one of my favorite things. perfectly sets the temp for the day.

I'd go with something you like, even if its a full bodied cigar. The only thing that gets me in the morning is too much spice in a cigar with a dry mouth feel.

A few weeks back I tried a Diesel unlimited with some coffee, sugar, no milk, and the two we're a great pairing. And the thick chewy, earthy, heavy smoke that you get with an unlimited or an unholy cocktail, I think could go well at any time of day with some coffee.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    boydmcgowan:
    haha, dude, Cigars in the morning are one of my favorite things. perfectly sets the temp for the day.

I'd go with something you like, even if its a full bodied cigar. The only thing that gets me in the morning is too much spice in a cigar with a dry mouth feel.

A few weeks back I tried a Diesel unlimited with some coffee, sugar, no milk, and the two we're a great pairing. And the thick chewy, earthy, heavy smoke that you get with an unlimited or an unholy cocktail, I think could go well at any time of day with some coffee.
    I haven;t had the unlimited yet... I have a handful of them waiting to be smoked though...

Another Nor Cal brother... we are few and far between around here...
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    robbyras:
    boydmcgowan:

I haven;t had the unlimited yet... I have a handful of them waiting to be smoked though...

Another Nor Cal brother... we are few and far between around here...

right on man, if you're still undecided in a bit, grab one of the unlimiteds to try. I doubt you'll be dissappointed with it in the morning. I'm addicted to anything Diesel, but I had one right off the truck and loved it, and didn't find it too heavy on the spice. Just an awesome full bodied well balanced smoke, that should kickstart your day with some vitamin N.

And yeah man. I hear you. The Bay area is not too tobacco friendly. . . I don't get it. One of my good friends is from Cambell and is another forum newbie, even though we've been Ccom customers for a while. Great group of guys here on the forum, and we're really enjoying it so far.

Love the pic of the dog btw. I've always had a soft spot for boxers. Mine's a pure bred "californian". haha, a total mutt we picked up from animal control. he's kinda dumb, but all in all a great dog.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    little late though...but a RP connie or vintage 99 pairs great w/ coffee

"Long ashes my friends."

• The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    mmmmm I'm going to try this.
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    P.S. Rob I am headed to the post office right now
    Krieg:
    little late though...but a RP connie or vintage 99 pairs great w/ coffee
    Yeah, I went with a 5 Vegas Gold... turns out I don't have many Connies at all... I've really been wanting to try the Vintage 99... might have to look into getting some of those...
    The Cank:
    P.S. Rob I am headed to the post office right now
    i'm heading out in a bit as well... thanks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    A little late as well but a Padron palmas is excellent with coffee
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hey Rob, two of my favorite coffee cigars are the Padilla Habano and Perdomo ESV '91 Connecticut. Honorable mention goes to the H. Upmann Magnum 50 and Java Maduro. Bet I caught you off guard with the last one. Wink [;)]
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i just smoked a Liga Privada no9 toro that had a bit over a year of age on it. the flavors in this cigar seem that they would go exceptionally well with coffee.
  • MBISONMBISON Posts: 45
    Probably a lot of people won't agree with me but I love my morning coffee with any size of the Verdadero Organic..... just a suggestion.
  • MBISON:
    Probably a lot of people won't agree with me but I love my morning coffee with any size of the Verdadero Organic..... just a suggestion.
    Actually I was just gonna put that. Totally agree. TGO says it's like smoking Raisin Bran, lol
  • MBISONMBISON Posts: 45
    brotheradam:
    MBISON:
    Actually I was just gonna put that. Totally agree. TGO says it's like smoking Raisin Bran, lol
    Verdadero Organic: Part of a complete breakfast!!! LOL
  • TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I practice the 3 C’s on Sunday mornings. Cigar, Coffee, Cinnamon rolls. My favorite is the Grey Cliff Double Espresso in the a.m. The boxer dog gets a roll too.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I love a cigar with my coffee at 5:30 am
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    I tried a new stick the other night with a cup of bold starbucks, Oliveros Kopi Luwak. I liked it, wasnt mind blowing but paired very nicely with the bold coffee. MUCH better stick then the JAVA, IMHO.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    When I have my own business and am the big boss, I'm going to smoke cigars in my office and drink coffee. Of course, no one else will be allowed to smoke. :)
    Light 'em up.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    JCizzle:
    Of course, no one else will be allowed to smoke. :)
    ...jerk

HA!
  • For the last week I've been starting my mornings with a pot of Tchibo(German) coffee and a hefty Diesel Unlimited.

This pairing is so perfect for me personally that I had to order another high octane sampler- and was going to score a box while it's available in the BOX BEDLAM promotion.

I can't decide which of the Diesels are my favorite- the razor sharp burn and bright white ash of the unlimited has been so consistent that I know what to expect and it delivers 100 % of the time.

I wish there was fat punches like the NUB punch that compliments the 60RG sticks available to purchase.

If anyone knows where or how to score one of those fat punches- let me know pls.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know a lot of you don't care for infused, but I love the Drew Estates Tabak Especiale with my coffee in the morning. If I don't have one of them, I usually smoke a milder cigar in the morning and smoke fuller bodied ones later in the day.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    The best cigar/coffee pairing I ever had was a dark-roast Columbian with a Cu-Avana Intenso.

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    i just smoked a Liga Privada no9 toro that had a bit over a year of age on it. the flavors in this cigar seem that they would go exceptionally well with coffee.
    No kidding. It's a great cigar, even better with a dark roast.