Home General Discussion
Options

Keeping it humid?

Hey guys another quick question.

Like I mentioned in my other thread I want to take around 150-200 cigars with me and don't want to worry about the humidity in the tupperware I'm using so. I wonder if this technique would work. you guys know the Boveda packs that hold 70% humidity and 70 degrees temperature (http://www.bovedadirect.com/products/index.cfm) well i thought of doing this.

first i would lay a row of cigars than lay one of the Boveda packs on top of them and repeat the process maybe in between another row so I would have a total of maybe 2-3 packs of the Boveda packs in there. I'm assuming one wont work because keeping 150-200 cigars nice is a lot of work for just one pack.

so what do you guys think? will that work out? I think the packs would stay good for about 3 months. please tell me your thought and suggestions. Another thing my friend said that i should use heart felt beads and I feel reluctant to use them because I am afraid I will not be able to care for the beads properly and my cigars will be punished for that and I don't want to do that.

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    beads are easy. just recharge them when they are dry. thats all.
    Boveda packs are good but i dont know if they will last 3 full months. However, they arent "active" untill you take them out of the plastic. if you take a few spares you should be fine. Also when using these make sure to overcompinsate. Use too many packets. since they take in and let out moisture there is no way you can go wrong.
  • Options
    pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    I have used both and they are in my opinion the best two options. I use the beads in all my humi's now and really don't even need a hygrometer (of course I still have them). The boveda works just as well but when it runs out it is done and needs to be replaced. The beads never wear out and just need a little distled water to recharge once in a great while. Beads cost a lot less in the long run.
  • Options
    ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Listen to the guys.....go with the beads.