Home Cigar 101

man cave in garage

hey fellow brothas, i have a garage, bough a couch and a fridge, now i have a fan to push all the air out the garage door.. my question is what kind of heater do i get and use? and i would love any suggestions. the garage is about 8 ft wide by 16 ft deep. thanks guys stav

Comments

• I like a kerosene heater (20,000 BTU) because it's dual purpose for me. The one I use is big enough to keep the house comfortable when the power goes out. Saved the pipes from freezing a couple times. Might help you being in IL.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    get a pot belly stove.

if you can find one
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Gas overhead IR heater. All your surfaces will stay warm, using less energy every time you enter/exit to re-heat it.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    get a pot belly stove.

if you can find one
    Same concept, but harder to find.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Really, you have a lot of choices depending on what you want. Personally I like a propane heater that can hook up to a 20lb tank because it is multiuse. However, if you have power out there, you can use an electric model as well. I don't like kerosene, just because it is messier, potentially, and requires a flame of some sort. Really a garage that small will heat and stay warm easily with a Buddy propane heater.
  • thanks guys for ur advice...... i think im gonna go with the buddy propane.....happy holidays to all....and njy smoking....i cant wait to smoke in my garage/man cave.... good night guys
  • leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Mr Heater rocks!
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking about doing a man cave on my top floor; there's a window and a door that lead to the roof, I figure the smoke can't go any higher. Thoughts?
    Light 'em up.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    What size did you use...?
  • i bought the propane heater that connects on the tank itself, there are two spotlight looking things, and they connect right in the tank. 70.00 from lowes. works amazing....
  • living in illinois, it gets really cold..freeazing... those fellow brothas thatlive in cold climate, maybe we can post photos of our man cave's..............just a thought.........................
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Too cold in MN moved man cave to basement.... everything in the fridge froze... now I open the cellar door and have an exhaust fan. Not perfect so smoking has gone down drastically. Some days I warm up the car and will sit out there in the driveway.
    Decided to just go ahead and make the whole house a man-cave. Set up my humidor and coolidor downstairs, think I'm gonna do a PS3 and flat screen and put the beer brewing setup upstairs.
    Light 'em up.
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    JCizzle:
    Decided to just go ahead and make the whole house a man-cave. Set up my humidor and coolidor downstairs, think I'm gonna do a PS3 and flat screen and put the beer brewing setup upstairs.
    I'm working on the same thing have wii down there with old 35" tube. Upgrade in Jan-Feb to large flat and ps3 or exbox. I put in a Bathroom vent to exhuast smoke works mint!
    cooch36:
    JCizzle:
    I'm working on the same thing have wii down there with old 35" tube. Upgrade in Jan-Feb to large flat and ps3 or exbox. I put in a Bathroom vent to exhuast smoke works mint!
    The only reason I'm hesitant on getting the PS3 is because I'll never get anything done. =D
    Light 'em up.