Home Cigar 101

air purifier

hey brotha's Im thinking of purchasing an air purifier, does anyone have any suggs, or perhaps an extra one i might buy off of or trade cigars for... thanks have a grt nite stav

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I've actually been toying with this idea as well. Are air purifiers worth it or are they a waste of time and money?
  • im trying to figure out the same thing, i heard the charcoal are pretty good, but i really have no clue....about if they work, which one.....
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    my father in law has one. i can still tell he smokes in his apartment but it isnt overwhelming in there. im not sure on the brand though.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look for one with 5-pin ionizer if possible. It's been awhile since I looked into this subject, you can spend from $25 - $400, which works out to: from waste of money because it's no good, to waste of money because you paid $275 for status markings, + $125 for good purifier. Happy hunting.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Ozone works well as well as activated carbon filters both can be made cheaply and easily at home with a little research. I suggest Carbon as too much ozone in an air can cause minor health issues. Carbon is great I have a one I built from insturctions online and I run it for about 45 mins to an hour after I'm done smoking and you can hardly tell I was smoking the smell is completely gone by morning. Fun Fact 10 grams of activated carbon has the same surface area of a football field.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Fun Fact 10 grams of activated carbon has the same surface area of a football field.
    how the heck does one figure that out?

crazy
  • Andrew Dzikoski:
    Ozone works well as well as activated carbon filters both can be made cheaply and easily at home with a little research. I suggest Carbon as too much ozone in an air can cause minor health issues. Carbon is great I have a one I built from insturctions online and I run it for about 45 mins to an hour after I'm done smoking and you can hardly tell I was smoking the smell is completely gone by morning. Fun Fact 10 grams of activated carbon has the same surface area of a football field.
    hey andrew what site did you find the instructions on and how much did it cost you to make it?
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Christian_Sapp:
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    hey andrew what site did you find the instructions on and how much did it cost you to make it?

Yeah, I'd be interested in knowing the answer to that as well....

Marty