Home General Discussion
Options

How do you smoke?...

2»

Comments

• Options
    GHausGHaus Posts: 74
    Same for me, but on occasion I may take it off before the smoke. Referring to zeebra's post.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Ive had too many cigars take off a bunch of wrapper when I take the band off, so I smoke w Band on until I get down to the band area and it has warmed up and I can take it off. If it is loose enough, I just slide it off!
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    cabinetmaker:
    If the band is loose, off, tight then on. Too many times I've removed a band at the start and had a spot of glue rip off a chunk of wrapper, which causes some swelling, then a crack, then it's just a fight to keep it burning ahead of the inevitable end... Once I hit theband, though, I remove it if it's still on.
    Totally agree here. I Really prefer to get the band off, but sometimes its just not worth the fight. I really don't like leaving the band on though, just because I know I'm going to have to deal with it later. And I've actually left it on too long once or twice and accidentally smoked part of the band too. Kinda felt like an idiot once I realized it. Oh well.

So, unless I can't, I'm band Off all the way.
  • Options
    SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    MBISON:
    cabinetmaker:
    If the band is loose, off, tight then on. Too many times I've removed a band at the start and had a spot of glue rip off a chunk of wrapper, which causes some swelling, then a crack, then it's just a fight to keep it burning ahead of the inevitable end... Once I hit theband, though, I remove it if it's still on.

As to whether it's good/bad taste to leave it on; I payed for the cigar, I'm the one smoking it; it's nobody else's fuking business as to whether or not I'm bragging on the cigar I payed for and I"M smoking...
    +1 Totally agree.
    +2 Usually take it off afterwards and add to my collection
  • Options
    james40:
    ejenne87:
    zeebra:
    I leave it on until some of the heat gets towards the band and its easier for the ban to come off, or it might tear the wrapper...
    exactly this

same

+1
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    cabinetmaker:

As to whether it's good/bad taste to leave it on; I payed for the cigar, I'm the one smoking it; it's nobody else's fuking business as to whether or not I'm bragging on the cigar I payed for and I"M smoking...
    I'm with you 100% Cabi! lol I leave mine on unless it's really loose for the same reason. Hate when a chunk of wrapper comes off with the band!