Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Competition!!!!!- Winner- of sorts

CLOSED see last post

Inspired by the race to 220lbs comp I thought I would make a competition out of my own weight loss goals.
after a serious back problem and other sporting injuries over the last few years I've put on a considerable amount of weight and am up to 270lbs from 175lbs (6ft,3"), my most recent injury was a sprained ankle that I did two months ago and it's still painful. I currently cannot run for more than a minute on it.

my goal is to take part in a 5km race on January 16.
I will be at the gym five days a week doing an hour plus of cardio. And will be increasing the amount of time I spend running on a treadmill each time. On 1 January I intend to start my on road training and will be going for a run in the evening on top of gym work.
I have also put myself onto a calorie controlled diet and eating 1200 cal a day.

now on to the competition bit, all you have to do is guess the time that I will do the 5km race in. (Guesses to the nearest 30s eg 25mins, 27mi30s 58mins 36m30) reason for this is i will not be able to time the race to the nearest second but will be able to to within 5-10seconds or so
you can choose the same time as another member if you wish, as I would imagine sensible guesses will all be around the same sort time

because of the ability to choose the same time as another member you will also have to guess how much I will weigh on the day of the race which will be used in the event of a tie-break.

so to summarise guess the time that I will complete a 5 km race in and guess how much I will weigh on the day of the race. Your guess for the time can be the same as another member however your weight cannot.

I haven't worded this the best so if there are any problems just let me know.

the prize will be cigars:p

Comments

• Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    30 minutes and 14 sec. 247 pounds
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    i'll say 29:12 and you'll be at 257... good luck!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Good luck brother
    I guess 250lbs and 30 minutes

• Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Ill go 35:30 and you will have dropped 27 lbs by then, so you will be 247 (the 1st 10-20 come off real easy)
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I'll say 32:30 and 252 lbs. Good luck with the training and weight loss. Remember not to over due it at first.
  • Options
    29:30 and 240lbs.
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    47min30sec 245lbs
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    36:30 250 lbs.
    Keep up the good work!
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Considering the generosity I've had from Forum members lately, I am not submitting for this contest.. But I wanted to give you some input on your workout bro... I am basically the same size as you, just bigger ;-) (6'3", 290lbs), and recently did a 9 mile run/walk event (ran about 5 miles of it). Especially considering your injuries, definitely do NOT push yourself that hard bro! A 5k run is relatively easy, once you start running regularly. I don't know what your level of fitness training is like, or your running experience, but I learned in a damn hurry that if you can't regulate your breathing while running, you're not going anywhere fast. Either way bro, best of luck to you, and I look forward to hearing about you finishing that race!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Good luck Bro. Ill pick 29:30 and 249
  • Options
    good luck on the race and your weight loss goal 33:33 and 243
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    Hays:
    Considering the generosity I've had from Forum members lately, I am not submitting for this contest.. But I wanted to give you some input on your workout bro... I am basically the same size as you, just bigger ;-) (6'3", 290lbs), and recently did a 9 mile run/walk event (ran about 5 miles of it). Especially considering your injuries, definitely do NOT push yourself that hard bro! A 5k run is relatively easy, once you start running regularly. I don't know what your level of fitness training is like, or your running experience, but I learned in a damn hurry that if you can't regulate your breathing while running, you're not going anywhere fast. Either way bro, best of luck to you, and I look forward to hearing about you finishing that race!
    cheers dude,
    my general fitness is bad in comparison with what i used to be like,(5hours cardio a day 6days a week at one point) but its good enough to go for an hour now. my main problem at the moment is not being able to run on the ankle without serious pain, i managed 2 mins running at the gym yesterday before it got too much, i just plan to build it up gradualy.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    34 minutes 240 pounds
  • Options
    lets get some bumpage on the go,
    bit of an update, not made it to the gym this weekend as ive got loads of work to do:(
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    hey guys race is tomorrow, but i wont be running, i had a little slip on the ice over christmas, nothing major it was just because my ankle was already week and trying to regain balance twisted it a bit more and I've gone back to it being painful to walk on, so its probably best to take things easy and build it back up slowly. :(:(

what I've done is put anyone who guessed a time names in a hat, ok well not a hat but you get where I'm coming from, the bork i pulled out was.........................

drum roll please

jship079

pm me your info dude.

sorry about this all going *** up (sorry British saying) guys but i hope ive salvaged it the best i can.
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    PM thanks for the contest