Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

My review of Oliva Serie G Toro.

JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
6 x 50

I greatly enjoyed this smoke. Medium brown wrapper, with an earthy, barnyardy aroma, maybe a hint of wet dirt. I tried the lick of the cap, and it tasted sweet to me, almost like simple syrup or sugar. The draw was good, it lit easily and with no problems.

I took my time with this one, probably spent an hour with it and had a fantastic time. The flavor profile of this cigar was more complex than the few I've smoked thus far, so it was harder for me to pick out the flavors. The initial flavor was smooth and leathery, and that sugary taste continued for the initial part of the stick, mostly in the aftertaste. It was a different kind of sweet, like brown sugar.

I paid attention to the ashes this time--as some posters on here suggested--and I think I was smoking it too fast. This cigar was so tasty that I think I rushed it at first, but I slowed down quickly and got a nice, even burn going which enhanced the flavors. After that I was able to pick up hints of prunes or dates, and the brown-sugary taste faded into a drier, nuttier flavor, almost like coffee beans.

I have one more of these left and I'm taking it on the boat tomorrow for another go 'round, I'll definitely be smoking more of these after that as well.

I would like to mention how much I've enjoyed my time on this forum so far, and how this is the first hobby of mine that isn't competitive (after being involved in athletics for quite some time). It's great to relax and taste what you taste, read, share, and learn with you guys.

I also wanted to clarify some etiquette; is it proper to review ISOMs on this site or is that a no no? Forgive me but my ignorance on this perhaps blinds me at times.

Smoke on, my friends.

imageimage
Light 'em up.

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    ISOMs are a go.... Wink [;)]

• Options
    Copy that, go on ISOMs. Much thanks for the feedback.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Great review and great cigar. I don't smoke Oliva's flagship brands nearly enough. The Oliva G was one of my first cigars and probably triggered my new found past-time. I need to revisit them. I've been smoking NUBS, Cains and the Serie V like crazy. I have a Serie G box-pressed robusto that's been collecting dust in my humi for a year now. I think it needs to be fired up....
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Thanks for the Review ill have to try one of these soon. I have a few Olivia's from bombs and passes ive recieved not sure what ones though.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Love this stick! Finally got around to trying it a few months ago and have been digging them since.
  • Options
    I look forward to "re-visiting" certain sticks in the future and seeing how I remember them or how different they taste.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I'm a big fan of this stick. More so than the O which is weird because the O has the wrapper and flavor profile I look for in a cigar. Just didn't compare to the G in my eyes. Great review.
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    one of my favorite olivas/everyday cigars it was also what helped me get into this hobby
  • Options
    I will definitely be trying more Oliva sticks.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    try the G maduro. one of the best bang for your buck cigars out there.

the V was one of my go to cigars for a year or so.

• Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    The V has been a personal fav for a while now. I liked the Gs that I've had so far, but thinking back, it is possible I did not rest these enough before I smoked them. A good review, it made me think about having one of these again.
  • Options
    G Maduro and V on the shopping list. I can't wait to compare them.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Nice review and description of flavors. The G cameroon is a tasty stick for sure. I think I have one still, hmmmm
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    JCizzle:
    G Maduro and V on the shopping list. I can't wait to compare them.
    My two favorite Oliva's, although it has been about 10 months since my last MB III. I'm letting the ones I have remaining get some decent age on them. Hopefully they rock.