Home Non Cigar Related
Options

RIP Mr. Santo......

lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
.....you will be missed.
Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..

Comments

• Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    .....you will be missed.
    +1. One of the best Cubs to ever play the game and the best Cubs fan ever. It won't be the same listening to a radio broadcast on WGN.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    Bobbo2009:
    lilwing88:
    .....you will be missed.
    +1. One of the best Cubs to ever play the game and the best Cubs fan ever. It won't be the same listening to a radio broadcast on WGN.

+2 not a cub fan myself, but a classic part of the broadcast. Really brought a fan perspective to the game.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I've been a Cubs fan all my life, and actually got to see Ron Santo play. He loved his team, and the game of Baseball, and it showed every time ran onto the field or he got behind the microphone to announce a game. The man wanted so badly to get into the Hall of Fame. Nine Time All Star player, Five Golden Gloves, A life time Fielding average of .954. Guess he'll make it next year.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    I've been a Cubs fan all my life, and actually got to see Ron Santo play. He loved his team, and the game of Baseball, and it showed every time ran onto the field or he got behind the microphone to announce a game. The man wanted so badly to get into the Hall of Fame. Nine Time All Star player, Five Golden Gloves, A life time Fielding average of .954. Guess he'll make it next year.
    He's now in the Hall of Fame that counts! I'm not a Cubs fan, but he always played the game as it should be played!
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    All I can say is....

GO SOX!!!! :-D

• Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Bobbo2009:
    lilwing88:
    .....you will be missed.
    yep I used to always listen to radio720 when I lived in IL, he will be missed
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    As a die-hard baseball fan, R.I.P Mr Santo.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    All I can say is....

GO SOX!!!! :-D

He played for them too..... ;-)
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..