Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

My review of Fonseca No. 1.

JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
What an interesting stick. One of many things I like about this hobby is that everyday is different. The aroma was very mild, just a hint of earth and barnyard. This was the first tight draw I experienced, and now I know what people mean when they say that. It did light fairly easily and burned consistently throughout, despite the draw.

The main thing with this stick is that its taste was deceiving of how strong it was. The initial taste was slightly leathery with a creamy finish. I detected a hint of nuts through the retrohale, and the stick became more bitter and roasted after the first half.

What I thought was a mild stick, however, absolutely kicked my ass in the second half, though. I made it a point to smoke slowly throughout, maintaining an even burn, but despite that I was almost seeing stars towards the end. I was higher than a kite!

I would smoke this stick again, however I would definitely make sure I didn't have anything to do and was just going to be sitting down for a while after. :-D Smoke on.
Light 'em up.

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Was this the Cuban Fonseca? If so, I have never had one, but have heard that the no. 1 is the best of the line...
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Yes it was. I'd be interested in trying some of the others and seeing how they stack up.
    Light 'em up.