Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Opus X Petite Lancero

So I have always had generally good experiences with Fuente cigars in general, and my experiences with Opus X have been nothing short of great, often phenomenal. This Petite Lance was no exception to that rule. It delivered every bit of complexity I have come to expect, in a perfectly constructed package, that kept dropping ash all over my lap, and made my head spin, and stomach churn by the end of the almost 2 hour smoking time. Maybe some day the Opus blend won't kick my butt, but for now, it is the one cigar that makes me feel green (and very happily so I might add). Leather, fruit, espresso, earth, cinnamon, pepper, cedar, oak... it's all here.

Full review posted at blog, link in my signature. Lots of pics, and an almost OVERLY detailed review. Oops.

Comments

• Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Jesus H. Christ! Sounds like one monster of a stick.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    JCizzle:
    Jesus H. Christ! Sounds like one monster of a stick.
    It is definitely an ass kicker... and a good one at that. It may be powerful, but it really backs it up with complexity and perfect performance.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    It sounds like it. Great review, too. The raisin flavors are really piquing my curiosity, as I've yet to encounter those. The nice, long smoke time sounds amazing and she looks like a beauty in those pictures.

When you touched it up with the lighter did you just briefly hold the flame to the uneven spot?
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Just like when lighting/toasting, you don't actually touch the flame to the cigar, as the heat an inch away is sufficient, without scorching the leaf (which turns bitter in that case). But yes.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Full review posted at blog, link in my signature. Lots of pics, and an almost OVERLY detailed review. Oops.
    this review is similar to the review i gave of one a while back. for some reason when you jot notes on this cigar as you are smokin it it is difficult to keep up on it. every few puffs you catch a flash of something else.
    its not too detailed at all

docbp87:
    ...a total smoke time of one hour and 48 minutes
    im glad that you included this in the review. Many people look at that little cigar and wonder if it is worth that MSRP, or if it will last long enough. if you take your time with this cigar you can probably get it to 2+ hours. its packed full, its oily so it burns slow and it is full bodied so you dont feel the need to puff constantly. its a cigar you can truly savor.
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Love OpusX that is aged :)
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Man... This is one size of the Opus I've wanted to try for sooooo long!!