Home Ratings & Reviews

Gurkha Ninja

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
Big thanks to Wayne for hooking me up with a few of these!

So i'm a fan of all things Brazillian Maduro so i had to get my lighter under one of these. I had the Perfecto which historically is a hard vitola to roll. Say what you want about Gurkha, they construct a very good perfecto and this one was no exception. I had a perfect burn and draw the whole time....which was about 1.5 hrs for this slow burner. Very earthy smoke with lots of cocoa in the first half that fades to a very light spice in the second. The sweetness was there but not what you would expect from a Braz. Maduro(think ccoms braz. label...) All in all i was impressed and want to try the other vitolas and see how it changes the smoke. Gurkha is reeeeal hit or miss with me but since they did away with my favorite Doble Maduro, this one will fill in perfectly. Price isnt too bad either....

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Glad you enjoy them! I'm smoking one of these on Monday. Wanted to rest them at least a week or two before lighting one up.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a very worthwhile smoke.
    Light 'em up.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Sounds like an interesting smoke! I'll have to look into these a bit!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Damnit Vinny! You made me want to try this thing. I wasn't a fan of many if not most of the newer gurkha's. I really didn't like the assassin, but the ninja with the wrapper you mentioned seems like something I'd like.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I just had it a few days ago. Lots of mocha, cocoa, dark chocolate, and earth. Great stick. Especially in the perfecto.
    I was eying that perfecto. Glad to hear good things about that size. Thanks.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I'm the same way Fuzzynuts, normally I wouldn't buy into a Gurkha but if it's brazillian maduro, I'll always give it a puff. I'm going to order other sizes to see how that affects the smoke.
  • MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    Had the XO last night at the B&M. Very tasty, though I think it's probably much more straight forward than the perfecto. I'm definitely keeping an eye out for a deal on the perfecto.
    ordered two torps today. I hope I like them.