Home General Discussion
Options

coffee/cigars

I've just started drinking coffee, and love it lol
just wondering what you would recommend to pair with coffee, as ill try it first chance i get.

cheers
sol

Comments

• Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    sol1821:
    I've just started drinking coffee, and love it lol
    just wondering what you would recommend to pair with coffee, as ill try it first chance i get.

cheers
    sol

DUD i am a Master Coffee Drinker and Cigar Pairing Guy! I like Good heavy Maduro's, Diesels, i like Rocky Patel 92's, MOW Ruinations, and I drink Sumatras, and other Dark Organic Coffees, ENJOY!
  • Options
    AdcuriumAdcurium Posts: 179 ✭✭
    I love to drink an iced latte while having ANY decent cigar...
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I usually do Connecticuts and coffee, or sometimes maduros depending on what I feel like.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Russ55:
    I usually do Connecticuts and coffee, or sometimes maduros depending on what I feel like.
    Oliva Conn Reserve is my go to stick with Coffee... I hear the RP 99 is good too, but I haven't had that on yet
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Some great pairings I've found are a Vanilla Latte and the CAO GOLD Maduro, Sumatra and the Gran Habano #1 Connecticut.

• Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I posted the same question a while back... here is the link...

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/214161.aspx
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I find a good guide is typically, the lighter the coffee, the lighter cigar. If you want something like a Rocky 99 reserve, ashton classic or 5 vegas gold, go with a lighter bodied coffee, lighter roast with cream and sugar. The creamy, nutty and sweet notes in the cigar and coffee will complement each other.

If it's an after dinner coffee, I'll go with a darker roast, fuller body with just a bit of sugar to cut the acidity. That will pair well with most fuller, even spicy cigars. One of my favs with a good dark roast was the monte media noche. Look for a rich, cocoa and earthy profile in the cigar to pair with a dark roast done black. Again, the notes in each will complement each other.

Cheers.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    robbyras:
    Russ55:
    Oliva Conn Reserve is my go to stick with Coffee... I hear the RP 99 is good too, but I haven't had that on yet
    The '99 is good. It's a little light and can be on the pricey side unless you hunt around for a deal, but it's definitely worth trying. I like his Signature more. Nowadays I've been gravitating towards Zino, Griffins, Private stock, etc. if I want a Connecticut.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I would agree with what everyone has written so far. I think a big part of it is what kind of coffee and when. Some good pairing so far what I haven't seen are the Perdomo 10th Anny Champange or Maduro, also Nica Libre. Bought a box of the Nica Libres just for this and driving but haven't smoked one yet. Probably because I haven't been drinking much coffee while I'm away from work and lately while driving I have been trying different/new (to me) sticks.
  • Options
    Perdomo 10th Anniversary Maduro and Perdomo Reserve Lmt. Oscuro go great with hot coco in the winter, so im assuming they may be great with coffee as well.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Do you guys smoke those coffee infused sticks? I saw some in my CCOM literature. Is this considered wussy?
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    some interesting sugestions guys.
    im going to have to start working my way through them.
    cheers
  • Options
    I have to admit, I do enjoy the coffee infused cigars. The Tabak Especial is pretty sweet. I prefer to have a pretty dark coffee to contrast with the sweetness. I have also had the Isla del Sol. Was less sweet and I liked it better with my normal cup of morning coffee. Wish Drew Estate would do the one without any sweetness.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I'll probably end up trying a coffee infused stick, and I'll get some more if I like it. I ain't trying to impress nobody! :-D
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Tabak Especial , Drew Estate Java Maduro , and one of my favorites Kopi Luwak made with a Brazillian maduro wrapper this is one of my favorites infused or otherwise .
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    gmill880:
    Tabak Especial , Drew Estate Java Maduro , and one of my favorites Kopi Luwak made with a Brazillian maduro wrapper this is one of my favorites infused or otherwise .
    i havent had an infused cigar in about a year....but the tabak especial and the java were the ones that got me into cigars..... i need one of those again just to see if i still like them
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    gmill880:
    i havent had an infused cigar in about a year....but the tabak especial and the java were the ones that got me into cigars..... i need one of those again just to see if i still like them
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    i have never had a coffee cigar combo I did not like. Might be because i love both. More recently i have been enjoying a lot of hot tea since I am heading back down the road of health nut. Tea is a little harder since its flavor are much lighter i enjoy lighter tobacco with them.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I am with jship079, I have never met a coffee and stick I did not like together. To me they are all a perfect match
  • Options
    Coffee/cigar combinations are always good - but I try not to pair a premium cigar with anything but water nowadays. Feel like my taste buds burn out too quick and I can't ID flavors as well.

If you ever get the chance, and I stumbled upon this pairing in Hawaii - to try a Kona Coffee with a Kona Island cigar (Island Prince Maduro/Connecticuit available online). It's really a rare, unique combo beyond traditional coffee/cigar pairings and just the fact that both the coffee bean/cigar leaves are from the same small island make it a great experience and you can notice the similarities in each item.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    suneet21:
    Coffee/cigar combinations are always good - but I try not to pair a premium cigar with anything but water nowadays. Feel like my taste buds burn out too quick and I can't ID flavors as well.

im the same way.

coffee and cigars are good together. its the salt to the chocolate covered pretzel.

its actually a similar concept to the chocolate covered pretzel.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    Kopi Luwak
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA oh no Gene too!!!!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Hays:
    gmill880:
    Kopi Luwak
    OMG hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
    Cat Monkeys....

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Rob1110:
    I find a good guide is typically, the lighter the coffee, the lighter cigar. If you want something like a Rocky 99 reserve, ashton classic or 5 vegas gold, go with a lighter bodied coffee, lighter roast with cream and sugar. The creamy, nutty and sweet notes in the cigar and coffee will complement each other.

If it's an after dinner coffee, I'll go with a darker roast, fuller body with just a bit of sugar to cut the acidity. That will pair well with most fuller, even spicy cigars. One of my favs with a good dark roast was the monte media noche. Look for a rich, cocoa and earthy profile in the cigar to pair with a dark roast done black. Again, the notes in each will complement each other.

Cheers.
    seriously buddy, your my go to encyclopedia on drinks!
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, bro. Hopefully you enjoy those drinks on their way to you.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    This is almost a daily for me. Britts Cafe Costa Rica Shade Grown Organic Coffee with a nice Padron 2000. Breakfast of champs!
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Hays:
    gmill880:
    Kopi Luwak
    Cat Monkeys....

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. Cat Monkey coffee.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Hays:
    gmill880:
    Kopi Luwak
    Cat Monkeys....

Damn........I cant tell you guys anything can I ;)
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    wwhwang:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Hays:
    gmill880:
    Kopi Luwak
    Cat Monkeys....

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA **and the rest of the forum reading this is going WTF? right about now** LOL
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    Hays:
    firetruckguy:
    wwhwang:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Hays:
    gmill880:
    Kopi Luwak
    Cat Monkeys....

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA **and the rest of the forum reading this is going WTF? right about now** LOL
    lol as us Brits would say, its not my cup of tea. :o:p

i had a cao brazilia with a medium colombian coffee, and ive tried a 5 vegas 08 with a strong java coffee with a splash of rum in ;)
    both very nice pairings.