Home Non Cigar Related
Options

New Grand Baby

My daughter-in-laws due date was Dec 2nd. They are going to induce labor tommorrow Dec. 7th at 6 AM. Hopefully all goes well and our first grandchild will be here Tuesday , a baby girl , Hailee , thats the spelling they are using . My son wants me and my wife to meet them at the hospital at 5:30 am tommorrow morning ... crap , I better go to bed now , after all I am almost a grandpa !!!
Anyway , what would be a good celebratory smoke ? Im leaning toward an AF Anejo # 77 or an Ashton VSG or ESG. Then there are a couple of ISOM options as well ... Partagas Ser D or a Monte # 2 or a unbanded treat from a friend who was born in Cuba and is now a Miami attorney who gave me a stick and said " call me and thank me after you smoke it " .

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Well, what do you know ! Grandpa Geno. Congratulations to everyone. Sounds like the unbanded treat would be the way to go. Then you can share the good news and thank him at the same time.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    kaspera79:
    Well, what do you know ! Grandpa Geno. Congratulations to everyone. Sounds like the unbanded treat would be the way to go. Then you can share the good news and thank him at the same time.

Thats a good thought Kas , I like that idea : )
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Congrats gramps! I would have to say the " call me and thank me after you smoke it " cigar. That just sounds too intruiging to pass up!

I just became an uncle today for the first time myself, so I'm going to have to figure out a celebratory stick myself. The wife's brother and his wife had their first child - named her Madeline.
  • Options
    Congratulations Heavy !!!
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Congrats Heavy!
  • Options
    Thanks guys, but this is gmill's thread. I mean come on, I'm just a lowly uncle, he's a freakin' Grandpa for crying out loud!! ;-)
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Congrats man! Go with whichever cigar feels right, all of them are good sticks!
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Congrats to both of you guys. I would go with the unbanded wonder and enjoy the heck out of it.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Congrats and +1 on the mystery smoke.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Congrats gramps. All of the above, spend a day chain smokin fine cigars. ;)
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Congrats Geno...very happy for you brother.
  • Options
    congrats i would go with the unbaned treat also
  • Options
    badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    Congrats Grandpa.

I am going to be in the same position in the spring

• Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Heck yeah...Congrats brother! If I'm counting the time right, you should be eyeballing that baby right about now... Awesome!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congrats. Enjoy that celebration stick.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    So.... Gramps, What's the good word, We need an update here.
  • Options
    No doubt. I'm sure you're quite the busy (and ecstatic) man right about now, but when you get a chance to log back on you gotta let us know how everyone is doing, yourself included. Best to ya bro, um, I mean gramps!
  • Options
    Just got home from the hospital...and welcoming Hailee Rose Miller to this world of ours. Mother and baby girl are both doing fine and my son is ecstatic, as are my wife and I. Weighed in at 7.5 lbs and almost 22 inches long !!! A long labor but everyone is fine. I have decided to heed the majority of you and smoke the ISOM mystery stick , but it may have to wait till this weekend now when it warms up some and I actually have the free time. Thanks for all the well wishes . I"M A FREAKIN" GRAND POPPY WHOOOOHOOOOOOO !!!
  • Options
    Congrats gmill!! That's got to be a great feeling. Glad to hear everyone is doing well - enjoy that smoke this weekend!
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Congrats bro, I love G-kids.

The gypsy, hatless in a moment of bliss

• Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    fla-gypsy:
    Congrats bro, I love G-kids.

The gypsy, hatless in a moment of bliss

Nice Pic gypsy but why doesn't the baby have a stick? & why is the baby wearing a hat & you are not? LOL
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    LOL that is an awesome pic Al
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    I don't know who makes those blankets and hats, but they have got a damn good thing going. I don't care where in the world you see a newborn, you ALWAYS see that exact same blanket and hat. My 2 kids had the exact same ones. Wish I could get a monopoly going like that.

Awesome pic BTW gypsy! I'm going to be seeing my niece for the first time this weekend and will have to pick out a nice smoke for me and the bro-in-law. Sis-in-law actually enjoys cigars too but I kinda doubt she'll be up for one.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Sorry I didn't see this soon G-man but congrats bud! Glad to hear the mom and baby are doing well and glad you get to enjoy a good smoke this weekend! I'll have to light up something good for you as well!