Home Non Cigar Related

College Basketball Fans

Hey guys I'm a fan of College Hoops. Here's a chance to support your team and talk smack!

Comments

• Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Michigan State #7 @ Syarcuse #8. MSU will win this game. Syarcuse will have the advantage of being at home but I think this will come down to the wire.

MSU had a rough start in the tourney losing to an un-ranked buy now ranked # 6 Conn. but had a much better game against #1 Duke. They made too many mistakes against Duke but I feel that with some time they are going to be hard to beat. I think they are at least in the Elite 8 if not in the final 4.

The big 10 looks to have another tough conference with 5 teams in the top 25 already. Going to be an exciting year my friends.
  • Uconn all the way
    smokeater187:
    Uconn all the way
    I hate you...............only during basketball season ;)

By the way nice young team you guys have there. They are going to be hard to beat for the next few years. Any thoughts on why they were not ranked at begining of season?
  • ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    university of memphis here =]
  • The Ohio State Buckeyes Here. currently no. 2 behind Duke. Looks to be a good year with some really good looking players.
    jhopephulle:
    The Ohio State Buckeyes Here. currently no. 2 behind Duke. Looks to be a good year with some really good looking players.
    Nice I can not wait for MSU & OSU to play each other. Gonna be some good games all around this year.
  • ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    On Wisconsin, On Wisconsin.........
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    This is the year the Pitt Panthers crack the elite eight and make it to the final four. Very talented, deep, and young team. Jamie Dixon has put together a a great program. We don't always get the top recruits, but he puts together great teams with slightly less talented players who know how to play as a team. If you don't believe me, ask Boeheim and Calhoun how good our program is.
  • Sandman1am:
    smokeater187:
    Uconn all the way

By the way nice young team you guys have there. They are going to be hard to beat for the next few years. Any thoughts on why they were not ranked at begining of season?
    iduno not to sure...having been that they didnt do so hot last year might have played a role in it. I think a lot of people think that its time for calhoun to give it up but i think he's got a couple more seasons in him.
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    Michigan State #7 @ Syarcuse #8. MSU will win this game.
    Not tonight sir! Go 'Cuse! Their defense is too good; I haven't been impressed with fab melo so far tho, he's hyped more than Sam Leccia's blends.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    My alma mater, Arizona State, and my hometown team, UT Longhorns!
    Light 'em up.
    smokeater187:
    Sandman1am:
    smokeater187:
    Uconn all the way

iduno not to sure...having been that they didnt do so hot last year might have played a role in it. I think a lot of people think that its time for calhoun to give it up but i think he's got a couple more seasons in him.
    Well they are young and hot...ride with them brother.
    LeftFive:
    Sandman1am:
    Michigan State #7 @ Syarcuse #8. MSU will win this game.
    Not tonight sir! Go 'Cuse! Their defense is too good; I haven't been impressed with fab melo so far tho, he's hyped more than Sam Leccia's blends.
    Well I was wrong on 2 counts The Q was ranked 7 and MSU was 8. They played away which MSU does all the time during Basketball season. The Q's D was good and MSU turned over the ball like it was their job. Might be a little bit of a rough season. Guessing it will be a Sweet 16 season....but they have lost on the road...a lot! Don't play MSU at home.
    I know it's fantasy football finals and coming into the playoffs. PLAYOFFS! PLAYOFFS? LOL

Gotta be some college basketball fans out there somewhere? I'm dying here as my Spartans are probably over ranked. DAMN Oh well we still gonna make the bracket on name alone....Thanks Izzo!!!! Now show some love
    Great win for pitt over uconn to open the big east season for us. Crushed em and led from start to finish.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I think I'm going to try to go to the Syracuse @ Georgetown game in DC on Feb. 26th if anyone is interested in joining me. I wont know for sure if I can get away from work until that weekend gets closer, but it shouldn't be an issue. Last year was the first year since I was 5 that I didn't see my 'Cuse play a game live. I gotta make it to this one.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Luko:
    Great win for pitt over uconn to open the big east season for us. Crushed em and led from start to finish.
    Hey another Big East Fan. My daughter is at Marquette and holds season tickets, and family passes so I will be at a few games this year. We'll see what happens on the 8th. Pitt v. Marquette.
    kaspera79:
    Luko:
    Hey another Big East Fan. My daughter is at Marquette and holds season tickets, and family passes so I will be at a few games this year. We'll see what happens on the 8th. Pitt v. Marquette.
    I'm a 'Cuse guy, but a big east fan too. I don't have cable or any way to watch any of the games unfortunately (unless I go to a sports bar, but that would leave me an alcoholic and broke). College basketball is my favorite sport to watch, and it makes me sad that I have missed the last two seasons.
    ejenne87:
    kaspera79:
    Luko:
    I'm a 'Cuse guy, but a big east fan too. I don't have cable or any way to watch any of the games unfortunately (unless I go to a sports bar, but that would leave me an alcoholic and broke). College basketball is my favorite sport to watch, and it makes me sad that I have missed the last two seasons.
    I love pitt and love the Big East. This was supposed to be a down year for the conference and we have, what, three teams in the top 10.
    I've been saying it for a while, the guys on tv that predict all this stuff about college hoops are morons. They never seem to be right, maybe half way right, but never right enough. The thing I have noticed is that college hoops is a living organism, and things change from day to day so much that you can't predict who will win what game against who. I don't know if you guys agree, but that's what I have noticed.
    I'm right there with you Evan but my problem is I just hope MSU makes it to the tourney this year.