Home Ratings & Reviews

Padron 1926 & 1964 Anniversary Cigars

2»

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    I'm lettin' mine sit. But I've just got the one. If I had 4, I'd smoke 3 of them right away. All at once.
    haha, well I would like to see that! I find it has been in my best interest to buy a few of the sticks I'm sure to like, that way I have some resting and have some for later. But if I do smoke one and don't like it, I'll be sure to let you know...
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    phobicsquirrel:
    urbino:
    I'm lettin' mine sit. But I've just got the one. If I had 4, I'd smoke 3 of them right away. All at once.
    haha, well I would like to see that!
    Bring 'em on over and we'll make it happen.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    urbino:
    haha, well I would like to see that! I find it has been in my best interest to buy a few of the sticks I'm sure to like, that way I have some resting and have some for later. But if I do smoke one and don't like it, I'll be sure to let you know...
    That is the way I like to go about it. Take for example the Camacho Havana H2, a 4.5x50. I purchased a five pack and smoked one the same day I received it...and it was not good, I'd dare say it was downright bad...fast forward three months, and I gave it another go and I'll be damned, it was fantastic. My point is that just a few months can do wonders. Some people say years, but I cannot speak to that kind of time, so I'll stick to my 90 day guideline for now.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    rusirius:
    Take it for what it's worth since I've never had either! (Though I do have a nice '26 40th in my humi that will probably fall into the "I'll never find an occasion good enough to smoke this thing" category along with that Leccia rolled Nub Maddy sent me...) Anyway, from what I have heard, the general consensus from those that have had both is that the '26 is a better smoke...

hmmmmmm, looks like I can take care of you not smoking at least one of the two of those sticks Greg. Do some rooting around in that box I have comin' your way.
  • dep691dep691 Posts: 311

bbc020:
    I haven't been smoking decent sticks for that long, but after trying a 64 natural exclusivo one day on a nice drive home, I ended up dropping a couple hundred on a box. That experience proceeded to blow all other cigars I had smoked out of the water. I have since had a 64 maduro (diplomatico) that was packed with flavor and smooth to the end. I had my heart set on getting tickets to the upcoming Phish shows, but when that dream fell through, I took the money saved for those tickets and bought a box of the 26 natural #9s. I haven't tried one yet, but I hope they are a good as CA thinks and others seem to believe. I won't be buying any large quanities of cigars for a while, to say the least.

You wont be disapointed in the #9.

• bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    dep691:

bbc020:
    I haven't been smoking decent sticks for that long, but after trying a 64 natural exclusivo one day on a nice drive home, I ended up dropping a couple hundred on a box. That experience proceeded to blow all other cigars I had smoked out of the water. I have since had a 64 maduro (diplomatico) that was packed with flavor and smooth to the end. I had my heart set on getting tickets to the upcoming Phish shows, but when that dream fell through, I took the money saved for those tickets and bought a box of the 26 natural #9s. I haven't tried one yet, but I hope they are a good as CA thinks and others seem to believe. I won't be buying any large quanities of cigars for a while, to say the least.

You wont be disapointed in the #9.

Wasn't disappointed, was tremendous after 3 days stabilization. The boys from CA said they were good straight out of the box, they weren't lyin'. I look forward to seeing how they do with various amounts of age on them.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I received my package today with my 26's, 64's, ashton vsg's, cusano 18's and drew estate javas, oh and two more anejos. All in all a nice thing to come home too, though now I'm completely full in my humi and had to take a couple of things out. I really wish the padron's and ashton's came with cello, now I'm going to have to be extra careful. I'm really looking forward to trying these, but I must wait a few weeks.... grrr.