Home General Discussion

Taking the Plunge

Well.... after a lot of "soul searching" which can be loosely translated in to "growing a pair".... I have come one step closer to working Full Time doing what I want to do.... building humidors.

I have been working a full time job as a Manager for a transportation company and I have spent about 11 hours a day working at this position....

Today - I sent out a request to put myself on a 1/2 day schedule on the premise of saving the company some "overhead"... not sure if it will fly or if they'll just tell me no.... No is not an option for me.... as I want and need more time in the shop to take care of job #1 - building humidors.

We'll see what happens.... Either way - I plan on getting a solid 8 hours a day in the shop.....

The way things have been going - thanks to ya'all... Waxing Moon Wood can survive and grow! I have recently partnered with a very talented cabinet maker - Jay Buchholz, and will soon be designing and offering custom cabinet humidors.

Thank you all for the continued support and wish us luck!

Ed

Comments

• undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Nothing but the best of luck.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    So, does this mean that due to more production, lower prices?????? LOL!!!! Seriously, though, that's awesome. I wish you all the luck in the world. There is no greater thing in life than "living the dream".
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    lilwing88:
    So, does this mean that due to more production, lower prices?????? LOL!!!! Seriously, though, that's awesome. I wish you all the luck in the world. There is no greater thing in life than "living the dream".

+ 1 on that and living the Dream!
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Too true - do what you love, and you'll never work a day in your life
  • Sweet, Best of luck!!! I have a feeling that i'm going to need one of those custom jobs pretty soon.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Good luck to ya!
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    Good luck man!
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Good Luck!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Good luck. My interest is sparked now that you mentioned cabinets. Your humi's look fantastic, can't wait to see the cabs.
  • Always go with our heart! Best of luck!
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    With the quality of work that you put out I know you will do great.
  • ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    goodluck, and i can't wait to see these cabinet humidors
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Good for you man, life's too shrot to hate your job when you have the skill to make a living doing what you love. I wish you the best of luck.
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Best of luck-I love entrepreneurship! I'm thinking of a custom humi for my 55th birthday next fall-I'll be in touch!
  • Thanks for all the support everybody! I'll keep ya'all posted on how everything goes... Hopefully, I'll be making humis for a long, long time!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Congrats Waxingmoon.