Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Prayer Request

ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
Guys as you know I don't air much of my personal business on here but I received sad news this morning. I awoke to an email from one of my good friends wife. Another one of my friends has given his life in service of this country of ours. Marine Corporal Derek Wyatt of Akron, Ohio gave his life on Dec 6th 2010 in the Helmand Province of Afghanistan. His wife gave birth to their son on Dec 7th. On my facebook for those of you who are friends with me on there it says Sergeant Derek Wyatt because I'm hearing different things on if he was promoted or not. I hadn't spoken with him recently so I'm unclear on that. I ask that you please keep him, his family and newborn son in your prayers. Next time you light one up if you are willing to, please dedicate it to his memory for what he did for us. I will miss you like crazy brother and you will never be forgotten.......

Comments

• Options
    will keep his family and friends in my prayers and may he rest in peace
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Prayer sent, bro. Just lit up a Winston Churchill Spitfire in his honor.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am terribly sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you, his wife & son today.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Prayers on the way brother!
  • Options
    Thanks guys! It means a lot. I am working until 1030 tonight and as soon as I get home I'll be smoking one in his honor regardless of how cold it is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I'm also sorry to hear of this sad news. Please thank his wife for his service to our country and prayers on the way.
  • Options
    minibeezyminibeezy Posts: 257
    I'll light up something special for him tonight.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    God bless him for his service and sacrifice; my heart goes out to his widow and his infant son, God Bless his family.
    I am thinking of lighting up a GOF in his honor.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers go out to you and his family bro.
  • Options
    Appreciate it brothers! You guys are the best!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I am terribly sorry and saddened to hear this news.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Prayers for the family. He proved his patriotism and we are forever in his debt
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Prayers sent. Absolutely heartbreaking.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    God bless him and his family.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    May his son grow up to be the man his father is..........................Prayers are on the way
  • Options
    Thanks brothers!!!
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    bandyt09:
    May his son grow up to be the man his father is..........................Prayers are on the way

Couldn't have said it any better. I'll be sending my thoughts and prayers along the way as well.
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    I will pray! Way to many soldiers die with small children or pregnant wives
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Thoughts and prayers to you, and his family. RIP brother.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Thoughts and prayers . I am very saddened and sorry by his sacrifice. Gone but not forgotten .
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    that horrible!!! it makes me want to go over there and kill the sons of **** even more.