Home Cigar 101
Options

Smoking Alone Vs. With People

2»

Comments

• Options
    aren't squirrels the ones who love nuts?

haha and no, have not seen it. even Anne Hatheway topless can't get me to watch that.
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    i enjoy smoking with friends, but i also enjoy smoking alone at 2 o'clock in the morning in the cold with my dog in the middle of no where, some where in my town.
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    As much as I like smoking with people, they can absolutely ruin a cigar. Ever try smoking a cigar with some obnoxious fool asking you a million questions about it, or someone complaining about the smoke? I am all about cigar etiquette, so if I ask and you say no and I have settled in it is your turn to put your big girl panties on and move out (this being what I would have done if you said it was not OK for me to smoke). I don't smoke when people are eating and I think I deserve the same courtesy from cigarette smokers. I don’t smoke around kids, and would probably punch someone in the throat if they lit up around mine (of course 4 out of 5 of my kids would probably do it first). I like to smoke with a group of likeminded friendly individuals, main reason I started my cigar club, mentioned in the post 'logo for a 5 pack' in the trades forum. When it comes down to it thought and it is time to relax there is nothing like cooking a good steak, putting the crib midgets in their cages, and sitting on the back porch with my wife and lighting up a good stogie. Being with my wife/bestfriend is the BEST way for me to smoke.
  • Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    It all depends on the mood. After this work week, alone is perfectly fine, though if the week has been less than stressful, friends are a blessing in disguise. I do love enjoying cigars at my local BnM that buy there, with the conversation with others. No television, just honest conversation about any plethora of topics!
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    most of my time is spent smoking alone, usually listening to the Blowin Smoke podcast. I pay attention to the flavors somewhat, but most of the time I am just relaxing and enjoying my cigar and not trying to over think it. It would Kinda beat the purpose of a cigar, imo.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    nailsnails Posts: 18
    I'm retired and single and have a lot of spare time that I work very hard on filling with meaningful activities.I recently got a part time job for 25 hours a week.Today is a good example, I'm off from work, it's 9am and I'm enloying a nica libre with coffee and on cigar.com.I have about an hour of kitchen clean up and housework then the rest of the day is free.Today will probably be a four cigar day and will smoke all alone.There is a nice retailer close with a good lounge and a great cigar selection but I have not enjoyed myself smoking there.Too many experts on cigars and most of their facts are wrong.I know a little about cigars and have smoked my share of Cubans.I like the taste and flavors of Cubans but not their price and poor quality.I expect 25 smokes from a box not 18 to 20.Terrible construction-most too tight.Therefore, I smoke alone.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I mostly enjoy smoking alone. I like to just shut my brain off and enjoy my smoke with as little interference as possible. I hate when you're trying to enjoy a cigar and someone asks you 50 questions all about it. If you really wanna know that badly, I'll give you one so you can try it for yourself...you just might like it, and have a new hobby. Then we can talk!
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    skweekz:
    I mostly enjoy smoking alone. I like to just shut my brain off and enjoy my smoke with as little interference as possible. I hate when you're trying to enjoy a cigar and someone asks you 50 questions all about it. If you really wanna know that badly, I'll give you one so you can try it for yourself...you just might like it, and have a new hobby. Then we can talk!

EXACTLY!
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I hate the question " Why are you smoking that one?" In the words of George Thorogood. I drink alone, yeah With nobody else I drink alone, yeah With nobody else You know when I drink alone I prefer to be by myself
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to smoke mostly alone, sometimes with my son, who got me into man made cigars in the first place.

Now that I got my wife smoking cigars, we smoke together and it gives us some time to unwind and just spend time together, either talking or just chillin'. It's really great and we enjoy our time together.

The real upside to this is she tells me when we're getting low on smokes and that I have to reorder! Life is good!
  • Options
    95% of the time I smoke alone. Read a book, watch something on my laptop, watch the trees I swear they move after my 2nd churchill.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    skweekz:
    im the exact opposite. i can and will talk about my cigar all day if you ask about it.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    YankeeMan:
    I used to smoke mostly alone, sometimes with my son, who got me into man made cigars in the first place.

Now that I got my wife smoking cigars, we smoke together and it gives us some time to unwind and just spend time together, either talking or just chillin'. It's really great and we enjoy our time together.

The real upside to this is she tells me when we're getting low on smokes and that I have to reorder! Life is good!
    I'm sorry. My mind just seems to wander when one starts talking about women and big cigars. LOL. Yankee, you are my hero. A wife that smokes? I can only dream.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    YankeeMan:

I'm sorry. My mind just seems to wander when one starts talking about women and big cigars. LOL. Yankee, you are my hero. A wife that smokes? I can only dream.
    AND encourages me to buy cigars!