Home Non Cigar Related

New laptop on its way

firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
OK all you techie BORK's out there, I orderd a new laptop last week for my new business and it shipped today! HP Pavilion dv6, custom built it on their website. i3 prosesor, 6 gigs ram, 500 gig hard drive, Microsoft office home and business loaded. And the best thing...... FIRE ENGINE RED! I will be running quickbooks on it and use the outlook all the time, other then that I just wanted a good laptop that will last a while. How did I do?

Comments

• lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    depends on the price. but for your quickbooks and outlook? That should last you a vvvery long time.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    850$ shipped. Figured I woul do it right the first time.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    6 gigs of RAM, good god!! I'd say you did well.
    Light 'em up.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Wow, that's a pretty hefty machine for those two programs.

• LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I have an ipad 32gb with 3g and wifi on the way. Can't wait.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I've got a Commodore 64 on the way, supposed to be pretty powerful.
    Light 'em up.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    JCizzle:
    HA HA HA

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    If you're doing some gaming with the latest releases, that rig should last you 1-2 years at least; if you don't need to have the latest and greatest, it'll last you 5 years at the very least, longer if you take care of it (ie - spyware scan, virus scan, don't click on emails promising overnight millions/phallus enlargement, etc)
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Sounds like a good machine for the money, the Intel "I" chips are great. I would recommend bypassing Norton/McAffee and going with Kaspersky Internet Security 2011.

I have been using KIS for about 6 years and it works great.
    Awesome! Got her in today and I have to say so far pretty damn nice. I am not smart enough to set up outlook..... so i guess ill have to wait on that part. All in all Im a happy camper.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JCizzle:
    The scary thing is that I am old enough to remember when that was the top of the line!

• Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    you did great...wish i knew you were buying a HP...my gfs whole family works for them and some are managers and could have hooked you up....but congrats..
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    you did great...wish i knew you were buying a HP...my gfs whole family works for them and some are managers and could have hooked you up....but congrats..

Thanks man, she is pretty damn nice. Love that the battery lasts over 5 hours. Still have trouble with loading outlook.....need someone smarter then me.