Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Doing Trades/Passes/Re-Shipping To Brothers In Canada

Please be aware when doing any kind of trades, passes, games, re-shippments with us Canadian BOTL, the pkg needs to be sent via USPS ONLY otherwise there is a HUGE chance the pkg is going to be taxed, dutied, brokeraged and sent back because of refusal of delivery because of the excessive fee's the gov't and UPS, FedEX or any other courier will charge. Also when shipping you need to make sure you're comfortable shipping "figurines" or something of the like with a value of $20...I know some will not want to do that but if there is taxes and fee's associated with the delivery almost certainly they will be excessive and refused delivery. An example of this is, UPS is currently trying to deliver a pkg to me worth $50 + standard shipping and they want $159.25 on top of that in duties, taxes and brokerage fee's, needless to say this pkg is headed back to where it started. This is simply a post to save headaches, nothing else intended.

Comments

• Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    OK so the "collectable bands" for 30$ usps will get to you? and at what cost to you?
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    firetruckguy:
    OK so the "collectable bands" for 30$ usps will get to you? and at what cost to you?
    That should work fine....its only UPS and the like that there is a problem...
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I sent a package northward last week via usps, did that one get bounced?
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Goldy:
    I sent a package northward last week via usps, did that one get bounced?
    Don't know who's ya send it too? lol...I have never had a problem with USPS
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I have to agree with Steve here. NEVER send to Canada using UPS. The brokerage charges alone are enough to make me refuse ANY package which comes to me this way. Nothing worse then having to BUY sticks from UPS that you have already paid for by way of trading sticks. It is cheaper to just order sticks from a vendor in the US and have them sent quietly, then to pay UPS charges. It also seems to take longer for the package to arrive.