Home Non Cigar Related
Options

So I'm having a baby....Well not me my wife, but you get the idea.

So we found out yesterday that we are going to have a baby. Lets say it wasn't planned right now, but these things happen when they are ment to and we a very happy.

A few changes are going to have to happen. Like my motorcycle getting sold to pay off some bills and the rest getting used for a down payment on a more car with you know, seats and all that jazz. Cigar budget is going on the back burner for a while too. I will still be around, just smoking less I guess.

Well I just wanted to tell someone.

I'm excited and a little scared, mostly excited.

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to you both! It is life changing and wonderful.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Ross, Yeah parenthood does bring alot of changes to your life, It made me a better person. oh and stay away from the things I hate forum for a few days. ;}
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Congratulations Ross I am excited for you !
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Congrats man! It is a hell of a change in life, but it's a wonderful change! I remember that feeling though... About 3 years ago right now I was freakin the hell out! lol
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Congrats bro...our first was a surprise and probably a little sooner than we would have wanted, but was the best thing (along with the birth of my second) ever to happen to me. I think anything I have ever accomplished or ever will accomplish pales in comparsion to becoming and being a great father.
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!! Yeah, it is a life changer. You have no idea how much your life will change until the little one is here. But, you won't want to trade it for anything in the world. It's the best thing ever to happen to me.

Congrats again and enjoy it!!!
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Congrats!
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Congrats man!!! Enjoy the next 9 months!
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Awesome! First one?
  • Options
    Yeah it's the 1st.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Congratulations sir. Your life definatley changes from here on.
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Congrats!! these are the best years of your life there will be some challenges but all the good far out ways the bad
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Congrats!
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Congrats! My wife and I just started trying to have a child, so im sure i'll be in the same boat in a few months. Congrats again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congrats on the new edition.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    1st of all - Congratulations brother!

Secondly....details on the bike? I'm looking for a new ride.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    99 Dyna super glide. 140,000 on her. bigger air cleaner and drag pipes. new paint job. looks black in shade, but in sun light a dark green metal flake shows through. I changed out the bars and speedo housing as well.

Open to offers. Man I am going to miss her. Was thinking about a lot last night. Got her when I moved to the US 6 years ago.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Ross, I am sure you're gonna make a great father! My first just turned 3, and just had my 2nd back in June. Being a father is the most tiring, frustrating, wonderful and rewarding thing that will ever happen to you. A few things:

1. Don't wait till the last couple of weeks to pack your hospital bag...baby might come a month early..say 1am in the morning...and you're stuck packing while your wife is freaking out.

2. Costco membership, If you don't have one, get one...buying diapers in bulk...is the only way to go.

3. Store brand formula is just as good as name brand (unless your wife *** feeds that is)

4. When you finally make it home, and sitting on the couch looking at your new baby and wondering "What the hell do we do now?" Just remember that you aren't alone and this is the start of a wonderful new time for you and your new family...then it will be time for a bottle.

5. Get lots of sleep!

6. People usually look at me weird when I say this, but it is true. Do take lots of pictures, you can't have too many. The reason is because they do grow up fast, it just seemed like yesterday I was bring my first one home from the hospital. My dad told me this samething when my son was born, and the reason he gave was "The days go by slowly, but the years will go by fast". Yet again, he proved to me why he is the smartest man I know.

Congratulations again Ross!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Congrats brother!!!!!
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Congrats man
    My Wife and I have a son that just turned 1 year old, it is sometimes trying but it is always worth it.
    I also agree that you should take as many pictures as possible or movies.
    You are going to have a blast.
    I was scared when I first found out because I was worried how we would pay for the little bugger, but the good Lord has provided.
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Congrats, our little one is 20 months now. Time will fly by from now on.... The wife asked me last night if I wanted to go for #3. Lets just say I started laughing
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Congrats man, and best of luck!

I work for a company that makes diapers so thanks for helping keep me employed! :p