Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Hot Little Contest - Winner

bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just wanted to spread some of the good fortune that I had today.

Just two weeks from Christmas and I had to wear shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops to smoke my cigar today as it was just too damn hot; 90 degrees where I'm at. Okay, I'm done bragging

Onto the contest part; I am willing to package up some of my nice weather and ship it the coldest spot (more than likely cigars will find their way into the package, LOL) Just post here what your temperature was today. Lowest temp as of 10:00 pm PST will get some nice weather sent out to them on Monday.

Once again did I mention that it was 90 degrees today?

Comments

• Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Todays low in Buffalo NY was 16
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    7 here in northern floirda-----centograde, not Farenheight-----but 7
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    it's supposed to feel like 3 outside around then but it will really be 18
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    I cannot complain, 45 in colorado today and 65 tomorrow.........
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    A sultry 20 degrees here in Indiana.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    68 amd Sunny in Folsom mid Day i too was in shorts and a t shirt running around ... Smoking all Day! OLOL
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 degrees outside here in Grain Valley, Missouri. With the windchill it is -5 degrees. The low tonight is -2 degrees. It went from high 50's 2 days ago to this.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Very warm day here a balmy 39 or so. But rained rained rained, so no cigar for me.
  • Options
    50 ish and heavy rain all dayy long in central CT... i guess i shouldn't complain to much cause if it was all snow my ass would be outside shoveling all day..
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    3 degrees (just shoveled from the blizzard I disagree)

Wind chill advisory in effect until 6 am cst Monday. Tonight: mostly clear. Lows around 15 below. Northwest winds 10 mph. Wind chill readings 17 below to 27 below zero.
    I hate snow! Well this much snow. About 2 feet and one sore back. I need a snow blower
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    2 degree Celsius = 35.6 degree Fahrenheit
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    13 degrees in St. Louis with wind chill at -7
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    15 beautiful degrees here in Chicago..... Windchill is 2. Nice.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    High of 83F here in Doha.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    26 degrees, snow, 20 mph wind (single digit wind chill) in Atlanta. (Monday night will be 12 degrees)!!
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    32 degrees today when I was staying in Tahoe, CA....super gorgeous weather
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    13 this morning wind chill -10 below
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    only 0 centigrade today, shame the comp wasnt last week it was close to 0 f then :o
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Pretty cold here the past few days. temps ranging around 4 degrees with 40 mile per hour winds makes it feel like 20 below zero. Right now temp is ZERO.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    This morning it was -13 degrees with a -35 windchill!!!!
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Goldy:
    ....I don't even know what to say to that. I met a guy the other day services wind-farms. His crew was in South Dakota in January. He went outside to pee, and the pile of piss was frozen solid before he got his fly zipped. I get into weather that's in the upper 20's and I wanna go further south...
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Goldy:
    it really sucked too!
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    Goldy:
    ....I don't even know what to say to that. I met a guy the other day services wind-farms. His crew was in South Dakota in January. He went outside to pee, and the pile of piss was frozen solid before he got his fly zipped. I get into weather that's in the upper 20's and I wanna go further south...

We hit -40 each year and my mom would show us all sorts of tricks to do with cold temps like toss a pot of hot water and it will evaporate before the water hits the ground. You can put an egg outside and after you set it down you can stand on it.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Goldy:
    i think we have a winner here....

judges?

• Options
    kuzi16:
    Goldy:

judges?

Due to a sick daughter last night I wasn't able to close this on time. However, it does work out for Goldy becuase I feel so damn sorry about 103 degree temperature swing.

JSnake wins with a 2 degrees

I will also send something to Goldy as he will need the warm weather also.

Thanks to all that submitted, I new I loved California but just couldn't remember why, until now.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    kuzi16:
    Goldy:

judges?

Due to a sick daughter last night I wasn't able to close this on time. However, it does work out for Goldy becuase I feel so damn sorry about 103 degree temperature swing.

Thanks to all that submitted, I new I loved California but just couldn't remember why, until now.
    Awesome and thanks. I tried to PM my address to you but my PM's keep coming back to me like I am sending them to myself. Let me know if you need it.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    bandyt09:
    kuzi16:
    Goldy:

judges?

Awesome and thanks. I tried to PM my address to you but my PM's keep coming back to me like I am sending them to myself. Let me know if you need it.

I got your PM and replied.
  • Options
    And away they go

• Options
    Sweet, the cold is good for something! Thanks for holding this contest.
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Goldy:
    cabinetmaker:
    Goldy:

We hit -40 each year and my mom would show us all sorts of tricks to do with cold temps like toss a pot of hot water and it will evaporate before the water hits the ground. You can put an egg outside and after you set it down you can stand on it.
    That is really cool to know. When I get back to Nebraska for next years winter I will have to do that with my nieces.