Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Snapshot of our lives

I've been on the forum for about 14 months and decided to browse through my posts. I think of myself as being somewhat of a private person but was surprised at how open and revealing some of my posts are. My posts, (and other fourm members), certainly reflect not only our thoughts on cigars, but sports, politics, family life, and world affairs, etc. I think it's great to be able to share here among our BOTL but I noticed that I've shared things that I should have also discusssed with family and friends. I found posts that revealed my sensitive side that I, (and probably many guys), tend to keep to themselves.

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's interesting, isn't it. I first learned of 'forums' when my son showed me something that had been posted on a BMW forum he's a member of, and I thought: "how odd, spending time in conversation with people you've never met.". I had been ordering from CCOM by magazine for awhile, after being introduced to it by a friend, and started reading the forums here. I never thought I would enjoy it as much as I do.

I was smoking cigars (albeit lousy ones) for several years before most of the guys here were born, but I never had much knowledge about cigar brands or history, etc., and got interested. I knew how to smoke one, thanks primarily to a tobacco merchant in Stuttart Germany, who taught me to slow down, find the background flavors with my nose, and a little about long-filler hand-mades vs. machine made trash. I'm eternally grateful to him, and I appreciate everything I've learned from all the BOTL on the forum here.

In psychology and rehab circles there is an exercise involving writing, because ones true feelings are revealed, not only to the reader, but the writer as well. I think some of that goes on here. I appreciate the camraderie, and, even when I've had disagreements, there's no lasting hard feelings, at least on my part. I come from a large family, 45 1st cousins on Mom's side alone, and know that there will always be room for someone elses opinion, it may just take getting used to. Just saying, I thank you guys.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty new to these forums but it is a group of good, trustworthy people, always willing to lend an ear when you want to rant or rave about anything. That is not always the case with family and friends.
    Light 'em up.