Home General Discussion
Options

Premium Humidors

I placed an order several weeks ago with this company because they had an item which I could not find here for the secret santa pass. Still haven't received the product, tried calling and their voicemail is always full, and they won't return e-mails. To top it off, a quick review revealed that they have a flood of complaints against them...looks like I'm out some money...upsets me how a business can operate like that! Anybody else have issues with them in the past, going to take it another level soon once all of the holiday craziness dies down....would stay FAR away from this company! Sorry, just irritates the hell out of me how a company can do this....

Comments

• Options
    "To top it off, a quick review revealed that they have a flood of complaints against them..." Where are these complaints you are referring to? I think one of the best parts of this company is their customer service. So I would be surprised to see a "flood of complaints" about this company. I have personally placed two separate orders in the last week and received them all with no problems. There must be an issue with this specific item. Keep calling and I am sure someone will get back to you. If not, I have some of the sales reps emails and phone extensions which I know would answer your call or respond to it in a timely manner. Good luck!
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Ouch. I'll have to keep this in mind since I need a bigger humidor. Thanks for the warning, Nick.
  • Options
    hahahaha.. I am sorry. I thought you meant ccom. My bad Nick. I will also stay away from Premium Humidors company. Thanks for the warning! Lol.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Seems these guys are kinda touch and go; some people have a great experience, others have problems. Try www.cheaphumidors.com for a nice selection
  • Options
    +1 on cheap humidors i got a humidor from there that i love, i went there after i check cigar.com and they did not have it
  • Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    I had all the same problems with them got a cab humi and they advertized a bunch of freebies if you spent over 800 never got the stuff. they advertized the same promo for months later. I took me two months to get through to them on some days calling and hanging up for hours on end. The told me they didn't have the freebies anymore and couldn't fill their promise. I also ordered a nice 2 finger case. They UP GRADED me to a FN Gator skin POS. And told me if I wanted the one I order I would have to at my cost send the one the sent me back and they would send me the one I ordered. FN crap company. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER buy from them.
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure you paid with a card, so call up your card company and tell them it was an unauthorized charge. They will return your money and and block any transactions with that company.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up. What about bargainhumidors.com?

I can vouche for Heartfelt, they've taken care of me.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    My experience with bargainhumidors.com was good. I ordered a lighter with my beads and they were out of the color I wanted. They called me the next day to let me know and gave me a few options. I chose a different color, it got here quickly and has been a great lighter for me. The beads are great too! No complaints whatsoever on service and product.
  • Options
    PsychoSJG:
    I'm sure you paid with a card, so call up your card company and tell them it was an unauthorized charge. They will return your money and and block any transactions with that company.
    Did that and after several months premium gave copies of shipping tracking. I WAS Busted!
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    +2 for cheaphumidors.com. Got my big Humi from them
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    cooch36:
    PsychoSJG:
    Did that and after several months premium gave copies of shipping tracking. I WAS Busted!
    Ya but Nick hasnt gotten it. They are just dicking him around
  • Options
    Thats sucks.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    JCizzle:
    What about bargainhumidors.com?
    I've bought trays and beads from them a few times. All good from my experience.
    The Cank:
    cheaphumidors.com.
    I used to buy boveda packs here, and I bought a humidor from them once. I had good experiences, but they are slow. Slow processing orders, and slow shipping.
  • Options
    Just say no to premium humidors.... theyre garbage, i bought my humi from them, a new one not an imperfect one, and after a long line of not getting it, them not answering me, me calling to get voicemail..finally they called me back and said that they had no imperfects of what i ordered left, so i told them i ordered a NEW one anyway, and he was like "oh we thought it was an imperfect, we;ll send you your new one ASAP" and as promised a few days later i got my humidor, AND... it was a piece of **** it has cracks all around the edges (nothing to effect it as far as holding humidity goes but it looked like ****, it was pretty easy to tell it was infact an imperfect that they "didnt have in stock" the way it was packaged that stuff couldnt have happened in shipping. so i called about it got voicemail, left a message, sent tons of emails, with never a single response.. EVER to this day, that was well over a year and a half ago... i just fixed it myself when i modded my humi.... needless to say, i wont even look at their website ever again
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    acsamples79:
    Just say no to premium humidors.... theyre garbage, i bought my humi from them, a new one not an imperfect one, and after a long line of not getting it, them not answering me, me calling to get voicemail..finally they called me back and said that they had no imperfects of what i ordered left, so i told them i ordered a NEW one anyway, and he was like "oh we thought it was an imperfect, we;ll send you your new one ASAP" and as promised a few days later i got my humidor, AND... it was a piece of **** it has cracks all around the edges (nothing to effect it as far as holding humidity goes but it looked like ****, it was pretty easy to tell it was infact an imperfect that they "didnt have in stock" the way it was packaged that stuff couldnt have happened in shipping. so i called about it got voicemail, left a message, sent tons of emails, with never a single response.. EVER to this day, that was well over a year and a half ago... i just fixed it myself when i modded my humi.... needless to say, i wont even look at their website ever again
    I can't even leave a voicemail, tried last two days and they don't pick it up....plus their voicemail box is full...upsets me as it was part of the secret santa pass...oh well, lesson learned...chalked it up as a learning experience.
  • Options
    Just ordered 14 of their Conquistador humidors as gifts for my groomsmen. I tried them because of the free shipping they were offing (which saved me a fortune on the shipping). Their prices seemed fair, but I figured I might still be able to get a little more money off since I was ordering so many at a time. I called in and they offered me a discount of $10 off each unit. I placed my order right away to ensure I wouldn't have a run around if I called in the order later and speak with another rep who wouldn't offer the same discount (don't know if they get commission or not and the rep was trying to make their quota for the day). I ordered them and they arrived a few days later. The last review here is nearly three years old, so my thinking is maybe the company is under new management or got their act together. I would definitely consider them when I need another humidor
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    CaptainSmoke:
    Customer service is a great  test of a company. I do not purchase anything from a company I dont review and that doesn't have stellar feedback on, but in this case I was doing last minute shopping for a buddy's birthday and I didn't have time to look around too much or research. PremiumHumidors popped up when I was looking up a humidor company and they were offering free shipping. I figured that worse case sinerio, my credit card company would resolve any issues that could arise. I called in my order and was given some helpful recommendations to put together a nice cigar sampler and humidor with a cutter and nice inexpensive lighter. After placing the order I was mentioning the company and free shipping with another friend. They mentioned seeing a bit of negative reviews and I got a little concerned. I called back and a representative assured me my order would arrive on time. Thankfully I got it three days after ordering it and in time for my friends birthday.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    CaptainSmoke:
    Customer service is a great  test of a company. I do not purchase anything from a company I dont review and that doesn't have stellar feedback on, but in this case I was doing last minute shopping for a buddy's birthday and I didn't have time to look around too much or research. PremiumHumidors popped up when I was looking up a humidor company and they were offering free shipping. I figured that worse case sinerio, my credit card company would resolve any issues that could arise. I called in my order and was given some helpful recommendations to put together a nice cigar sampler and humidor with a cutter and nice inexpensive lighter. After placing the order I was mentioning the company and free shipping with another friend. They mentioned seeing a bit of negative reviews and I got a little concerned. I called back and a representative assured me my order would arrive on time. Thankfully I got it three days after ordering it and in time for my friends birthday.
    These fockers always pop up around Xmas, eh?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Keep fighting the good fight boys.
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    CaptainSmoke:
    Just ordered 14 of their Conquistador humidors as gifts for my groomsmen. I tried them because of the free shipping they were offing (which saved me a fortune on the shipping). Their prices seemed fair, but I figured I might still be able to get a little more money off since I was ordering so many at a time. I called in and they offered me a discount of $10 off each unit. I placed my order right away to ensure I wouldn't have a run around if I called in the order later and speak with another rep who wouldn't offer the same discount (don't know if they get commission or not and the rep was trying to make their quota for the day). I ordered them and they arrived a few days later. The last review here is nearly three years old, so my thinking is maybe the company is under new management or got their act together. I would definitely consider them when I need another humidor

Not sure if it's a new site feature but I felt a puff of smoke going up my backside after reading this post.
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Rain:
    CaptainSmoke:
    These fockers always pop up around Xmas, eh?
    God, its good to have the forum police back in town. Missed you Rain.
  • Options
    They did right by me and I felt that I should share with the rest of the community. Humidor companies and cigar shops seem to be coming and going quicker then they have in the past. I use to order from Humidor Vault but it looks like their no longer in the biz, leading me to look elsewhere. Anyone know if they're still around? Maybe not online, but somewhere with a location open to the public?
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Dunno. but CCom sells humis! Check em out.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Allow me to help you...

Also, from the Cigar.com Community "Welcome Page" :

"Welcome to the Cigar.com forum! Use of the forum is only open to all Cigar.com registered users. The forum is provided as an opportunity for members to discuss cigars, related topics, and as a tool to meet other cigar enthusiasts.

The basic rule for using the forum is to implement good judgment and common sense in keeping your comments and messages reasonable. Examples of unreasonable messages include the use of profanity, advertising or commercial purposes, competing web sites, or disparaging an individual, a race or religion, a company, or a website. In the event that certain forum postings are questionable, the posting will be taken down, and offenders may have their privileges removed. This message area is monitored by our staff, who reserve the right to remove, edit or close a post or thread at any time. However, it is impossible to review every message, and while we will make every effort to remove objectionable material immediately, by using the forum all members understand that all posts are the expressed opinions of their authors and only the authors of each post. Therefore, in no way will Cigar.com, its administrators, or its staff be held liable for any post appearing on the forum, regardless of content. The IP addresses of all posts are recorded to assist in properly enforcing these terms and conditions.

By entering the Cigar.com forum, you agree to be bound by the above terms and conditions. Thank you and enjoy!"