Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Lead Singers

So I'll be the first to say that I am not a huge fan of female lead singers...

but the chick from Paramore has a really sexy voice... and their music has become a guilty pleasure of mine...

not sure this needs its own thread, but I thought I'd put it out there... it's like confession

Comments

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    robbyras:

but the chick from Paramore has a really sexy voice... and their music has become a guilty pleasure of mine...

not sure this needs its own thread, but I thought I'd put it out there... it's like confession
    She can sing all she likes while she's cooking and cleaning....don't know how that would work with a band, but I'm open minded ;)
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    robbyras:

OK Rob, if you can man up and throw some stuff out there, I can too - I FREAKIN LOOOOOOVE PARAMORE! Not too embarassing yet right? Well, dig on this...

Its a sign that Im getting OLD AS DIRT that I was introduced to this band by my early teens daughters! LOL

We have been to see them twice & will undoubtedly see them again any time they are close. I suggest any BOTL on here who enjoys rock do the same if they're in your area. They put on an excellent show.

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    The lead singer from Snake River Conspiracy is pretty hot. The only reason why I bought No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom album when it came out back in the day was because of Gwen Stefani.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    The Sniper:
    robbyras:

OK Rob, if you can man up and throw some stuff out there, I can too - I FREAKIN LOOOOOOVE PARAMORE! Not too embarassing yet right? Well, dig on this...

Its a sign that Im getting OLD AS DIRT that I was introduced to this band by my early teens daughters! LOL

We have been to see them twice & will undoubtedly see them again any time they are close. I suggest any BOTL on here who enjoys rock do the same if they're in your area. They put on an excellent show.

AWESOME! It's funny, sometimes I have them playing in the house and my wife will come home and say "since when are you a 16-year-old girl?"
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    robbyras:

I like female lead singers, Arch Enemy, Lacuna Coil (really hate the guy singer's voice), Paramore, Evanescence, Kittie and Otep are in my Itunes right now. Though those are just the rock and metal bands, if you expand it to include big band and jazz, I've got too many to list.
  • Options
    Chick from Walls Of Jericho anyone?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I like Paramore, Hailey has an awesome voice...she's easy on the eyes too. On the subject, a couple others that I like are Amanda (****) Palmer and Jill Tracy. I've been listening to a lot of different music than I've ever really listened to over the past few months and have discovered some good music that I probably wouldn't have otherwise even been aware of.
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    paramore is a good band and that girl can definitely sing
    Diamondog:
    robbyras:

She can sing all she likes while she's cooking and cleaning....don't know how that would work with a band, but I'm open minded ;)
    agreed, i think girls should have tattooes on them just to remind them that they need to be cooking our dinner. JK!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    Hey Diamond... Do you like girls with a tat or two ? Candace Kucsulain is what I call a Brutal Beauty.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Diamondog:
    Hey Diamond... Do you like girls with a tat or two ? Candace Kucsulain is what I call a Brutal Beauty.
    Yes definately don't mind someink on a girl and as "fad" as they are, really love those tramp stamps! lol
  • Options
    letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    how about drain sth or even though it's a little softer (I'm keeping my man card damnit) anouk
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Not a fan. I'm a big heavy metal/hard rock fan and I just can't take female singers seriously. Occasionally I'll hear a decent song here and there but for the most part I just can't get into it. I like more aggressive, full-sounding vocals and chicks for me just don't cut it.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Diamondog:
    lol, Candice used to scare the *** out of me at shows... Here in Richmond there is a great band called Crooked Teeth, with a fantastic female vocalist. Sounds like early Poison Idea. Drummer is a good dude too. http://www.myspace.com/crookedteethrva
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    PJ Harvey. Anyone who can make Flea mumble his words gets my vote for best female singer/rocker. She's hot.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    The Sniper:
    robbyras:

AWESOME! It's funny, sometimes I have them playing in the house and my wife will come home and say "since when are you a 16-year-old girl?"
    thats funny.

my wife is that 16 year old girl when they are on too.

i cant tell you how sick i am of that band. its all i heard for months.

to me they are just a gimmicky-pop-punk band.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    I have a buddy that did session work for a band named failure. The paramore cover of their song "stuck on you" is much better in it's original version IMHO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cntLoJ8nCs . My wife got into paramore through the twighlight series (I think they're on a soundtrack?). I don't know if I like them or not. Like Kuzi said they're both just so in my face sometimes I can't tell.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    kuzi16:
    robbyras:
    The Sniper:
    robbyras:

thats funny.

that's exactly what they are... that's what makes them a guilty pleasure... i take them in small doses
  • Options
    Also dudes that like hardcore... LOL you would never know Davin was a chick based on her vocal delivery: http://www.myspace.com/xkingdomx

• Options
    Walls Of Jericho

• Options
    Diamondog:
    Walls Of Jericho

Her Shelter tattoo always makes me giggle.
  • Options
    robbyras:
    kuzi16:
    robbyras:
    The Sniper:
    robbyras:

thats funny.

that's exactly what they are... that's what makes them a guilty pleasure... i take them in small doses
    I thought along the same lines when my duaghters started listening to them... until I took the girls to one of their shows. These people can PLAY fellas, Im telling you! Trust me, go see them live & then come back and talk to me. You wont be disappointed, promise.

• Options
    docbp87:
    Also dudes that like hardcore... LOL you would never know Davin was a chick based on her vocal delivery: http://www.myspace.com/xkingdomx

THATS a CHICK?!?!? Seriously - I swear to GOD I thought it was an over-tatted Mark Wahlberg! LMAOOOO!

• Options
    docbp87:
    Diamondog:
    Walls Of Jericho

Her Shelter tattoo always makes me giggle.
    This one... I can tell its a she.

But Im afraid that "she" would pluck out my eyeballs, chew them up into a paste, and then spit them back on me a la The Exorcist. YIKES!!!!!!!

Just MORE proof Im getting old I suppose... :-(

• Options
    I have a bunch of man-cards here on my desk, whenever ya'll are ready to pick them up... :-D
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    JCizzle:
    I have a bunch of man-cards here on my desk, whenever ya'll are ready to pick them up... :-D
    now would that be our "initial issue" or a return of all the man cards that have been forfeited by this one thread
  • Options
    letsgowithbob:
    JCizzle:
    now would that be our "initial issue" or a return of all the man cards that have been forfeited by this one thread
    :-D
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    Debbie Harry
  • Options
    For those of us who are old enough to remember - Grace Slick from Jefferson Airplane!