Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Looking for a pipe

Anybody have a pipe that they don't want anymore? I'm not looking for anything fancy, just a nice starter pipe to make sure it's something I'm going to get into. If you do let me know and we will work something out. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Look on Ebay. Lots of one on there. I picked up a Savanelli and a Kaywoodie for 15 bucks each shipped.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Thanks man! I'm heading to ebay now...lol
  • Options
    Thought I'd bump this up. Seen a few decent deals on ebay but figured I'd see if any of you fine BORK's have one they don't want/need anymore
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    My suggestion would be one of two get a MM cobb make sure it is a Missouri Meerschaum the Chinese ones suck! Second get whats known as a basket pipe it is usually in a basket on the counter of your B&M (hence the name) also DR Grabow makes a decent smoker not near as good as there old ones. The grabows and the basket pipes run in the 25$ range the cobb about 5$ just remember that cheap pipes and tobacco want give you the true experience that you will get from better quality products (but you can find a cheap good smoker). I dont know what you meant by cheap but in the 50 to 100 dollar rage there is a ton of really good pipes and makers Stanwell, Savinelli, Peterson, just to name a few of the tops.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    im digging kaywoodie myself
  • Options
    Vinny I found a Kaywoodie on ebay I'm watching. It's like 13 bucks shipped. Glad to hear that you are digging yours.

Jship I haven't seen any like the ones you mentioned at either of the B&M's I regular. What's a good price range for tobacco you guys? One of the B&M's it's like 3.50 for 2 ounces and the other is like 6.50 and 8.50 for 2 ounces.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Hey bud... As far as Jship's comment - I kept looking for those too, and never could seem to find those 'basket pipes' at my b&ms. I think some shops have em, some don't. As far as tobacco goes.. Well, I'm used to buying my favorite shop blend at $3.50 an oz (keep in mind an ounce can last you for 6-10+ pipefulls)... So, smoke it up and see what works for you and what you're happy paying for.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Sweet, thanks Hays! I was thinking about just getting an ounce of like 4 or 5 different ones and experimenting.
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    ENFIDL:
    Vinny I found a Kaywoodie on ebay I'm watching. It's like 13 bucks shipped. Glad to hear that you are digging yours.

Jship I haven't seen any like the ones you mentioned at either of the B&M's I regular. What's a good price range for tobacco you guys? One of the B&M's it's like 3.50 for 2 ounces and the other is like 6.50 and 8.50 for 2 ounces.
    As far as tobacco goes it is very much like cigars you can get a pound of 1Q for 25to30 bucks (most people that like aros like 1Q) then just yesterday I saw a can of vintage Friedman & Pease: Winter's Tale 2oz. was 95$ so you can see what I am saying. I would say on average 3.50 a oz is the going rate for bulk tobacco. Tinned will be higher. If you buy several oz of a brand "cellar" them just pick up some mason jars and pack them full of the baccy(some people like bail top I prefer mason). Pipe tobacco will last for decades and allot non-aros will age well the jars are to preserve the moister in the tobacco since just like cigars losing the moister takes the oil and allot of the flavor.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Hmm the Title of this thread had me wandering ......... There was a Time when I was looking for a Pipe..... ROTFLMAO!
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Hmm the Title of this thread had me wandering ......... There was a Time when I was looking for a Pipe..... ROTFLMAO!
    lmao!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a Missouri corncob pipe and it was cheap and wonderful. $9 for the pipe, pipe cleaners, 4 boxes of filters, and a cleaning tool. I want to pick up a nice pipe so I may look on Ebay.