Home General Discussion

vacation

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
today i finally got the last part of my January Vacation to Nicaragua sorted out.

i have a rough itinerary:
day 1) unofficial pre-party in miami
day 2) Fly to nicaragua, bus to Leon, group dinner, cigars and drinks.
day 3) Bus to Esteli, visit Padron, Plasencia, dinner and rum tasting
day 4) visit Garcia farm, lunch with Pepin, Garcia (my father) factory tour with rolling tutorial, group dinner, professional cigar tasting.
day 5) Visit Drew Estates Factory, blending session (where i will get my own personal blend), lunch, Joya de Nicaragua Factory tour, dinner, post dinner party
day 6) Bus to Managua, optional harley store in managua or relaxing by the pool. fly home

apparently Jonathan Drew and Pete Johnson will be joining this tour at different points with our little group.

Xikar is also sponsoring it a bit so some cool Xikar freebies will be involved.

5 weeks left.

hells yeah

Comments

• cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    Thats a man's vacation! Have Fun... going alone?
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Try to enjoy yourself. lol :-D
    Light 'em up.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Sounds awesome kuz. Have a goood time.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    cooch36:
    Thats a man's vacation! Have Fun... going alone?
    group of friends from the local B&M
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    kuzi16:
    Xikar is also sponsoring it a bit so some cool Xikar freebies will be involved.

Hopefully they don't read my Xikar Dig Hygro thread ;) lol
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    That is awesome dude. I am so jealous. Please take pics of what you can for us. Take care.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Whoa!! Just curious, how much does a trip like that cost? Sounds way too pricey for my means.....
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    IIRC, Alex said he usually gets bodyguards when he heads to Nicaragua - what're your plans? Everything I read about Nicaragua and its general region always mentions the drug gangs, kidnappings, killings, etc
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    that sounds like an awesome trip. PLEASE post pics. wanna trade for one of your personal blend sticks?
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Sounds like a lot of fun, but stay safe and take pics - pics or it didn't happen, lol..
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    Whoa!! Just curious, how much does a trip like that cost? Sounds way too pricey for my means.....
    im in the neighborhood of $1500 for me and another for the wife.
    ...including airfare
    xmacro:
    IIRC, Alex said he usually gets bodyguards when he heads to Nicaragua - what're your plans? Everything I read about Nicaragua and its general region always mentions the drug gangs, kidnappings, killings, etc
    we will have armed guards and guides 100% of the time. we are staying in the Drew Estates Compound, a walled and guarded compound.

and dont worry guys, im buying a very large memory card for my camera for this trip. there is also a small chance that i will have internet down there. if i do i will post as i go along.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    lilwing88:
    im in the neighborhood of $1500 for me and another for the wife.
    ...including airfare.
    Wow! That's not bad!!!

Double WOW!!! You're taking the wife???
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That's awesome Kuzi! Have fun brother!
  • Wow! You mean there are kewl vacation ideas on this board. I think I am going to like... Sounds awesome!
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Kuz, looking forward to your report. I know some guys that recently did the Esteli thing, including the DE compound. Said the process of blending their own sticks was one of the coolest things they've ever done. It sounds like a blast. I'd love to do it some day.