Home General Discussion
Options

Interesting Family History

My Grandmother was born and raised in Tampa Florida. My grandma just had her 86th birthday on the 1st of December. My grandmother has been talking about the days she use to spend listening to the radio and sitting with her grandfather while he smoked his 1 Cuesta-Rey cigar after dinner in his study.

My grandma then told me some info that blew me away; she has always talked about her family friend "Uncle Karl" and her best friend growing up Nonita.

Grandma finally revealed who "Uncle Karl" was, he was Karl Cuesta of Cuesta-Rey Cigars.
"Uncle Karl" use to bring my great-great -grandpa cigars to enjoy in his study.
In 1944 my grandmother married her first husband (killed in WWII ) and her father had a stroke months prior. "Uncle Karl" walked my grandmother down the isle and his daughter Nonita was my grandma's Maid of Honor.

Over the years Nonita and Grandma have lost contact, but I am actively trying to get them in touch.

Comments

• Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Holy ****!!!! That's pretty insane!
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    ha! It's a small world, ain't it?
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    AWESOME story man, thanks for sharing it! I hope you are able to get them back in touch... they probably have a ton of catching up to do!

• Options
    Incredible! Thanks for sharing! I really dig their sungrown blend. Best of luck getting them in touch.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    That IS pretty awesome bro! Thanks for sharing
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Yea, great story, keep us updated....
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Dude that's awesome! Good luck on getting them reconnected
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    nice. hope the family relationship continues.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Well bad news, I just found out that Nonita died in December of 2008.

I just sent an email to her son and told him the story, I hope to get a response.
    I will keep you posted.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Aw man...that's no good.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨