Home General Discussion
Options

Fuente 858 Rosado and Hemingway Rosado

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Apparently these are new this year and very rare. Anyone know anything about the ?

Comments

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I picked one up today at the B&M but they didn't know much about them. Just that they are limited. They were pretty reasonably priced if they are as rare as I have heard. I'll try the one I have in a few days and pick up more if they are good.
  • Options
    Well it appears I have classics, 858 and signature coming in. I can't presell them because of our system but if you start hassling our sales guys I am sure they will start a call back list. I have no idea on cost but I will do my best to keep you posted.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    That sounds great, Alex! They looked fantastic sitting in the B&M next to all the Anejos and Hemingway's. I'll call on Monday and see what they say.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Got a few of the 858s yesterday at the B&M, they have an awesome, and unique aroma to them. Looking forward to trying one ASAP.
  • Options
    Also, the 858 Rosado has been released before, in very limited numbers. First in 2002 (like 50 boxes I think), and then again in 2009 (also small numbers, but I can't find the exact number anywhere). Brooks at Smokingstogie.com has a good review of the OR 858 Rosado. Once the weather warms up I'll be doing a review of this year's release.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Also, the 858 Rosado has been released before, in very limited numbers. First in 2002 (like 50 boxes I think), and then again in 2009 (also small numbers, but I can't find the exact number anywhere). Brooks at Smokingstogie.com has a good review of the OR 858 Rosado. Once the weather warms up I'll be doing a review of this year's release.
    From what I remember they never said how many boxes went out but you are correct on them being limited. I was able to try a few of the 09 and it was a decent smoke. Reminded me of a mellowed woam.
  • Options
    Also, again, I am pretty sure that this year's release is the 8-5-8 Sungrown, not Rosado wrapper.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Also, again, I am pretty sure that this year's release is the 8-5-8 Sungrown, not Rosado wrapper.
    I'm pretty sure the hemingways a rosado sungrown not sure about the 8-5-8
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I am totally lost here! The Big A seriously came into this forum...to ask US for information about cigars? WHO THE HELL JUST FLIPPED THE WORLD UPSIDE DOWN??????
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Hays:
    I am totally lost here! The Big A seriously came into this forum...to ask US for information about cigars? WHO THE HELL JUST FLIPPED THE WORLD UPSIDE DOWN??????
    its all a matter of what one is exposed to.

ccom has not had as long of a relationship with Fuente as some of the B&Ms out there. for instance, my B&M has had a relationship with the Fuente family since Alex was 2 (If i am correct on Alex's age). They have asome of the rarer cigars come it on a regular basis. Ive seen some very rare stuff there like the Between the lines, Anejo Sharks, Hemingway Maduros, OpusX Love stories, and some other harder to find samplers.

since ccom maybe isnt exposed to as much of this, and they have about a million other lines of cigars to keep track of, i am not all that surprised.

on top of that, many cigar companies will only sell some blends to B&Ms and not to online. im not sure if this is the case here or not.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Hays:
    its all a matter of what one is exposed to.

ccom has not had as long of a relationship with Fuente as some of the B&Ms out there. for instance, my B&M has had a relationship with the Fuente family since Alex was 2 (If i am correct on Alex's age). They have asome of the rarer cigars come it on a regular basis. Ive seen some very rare stuff there like the Between the lines, Anejo Sharks, Hemingway Maduros, OpusX Love stories, and some other harder to find samplers.

since ccom maybe isnt exposed to as much of this, and they have about a million other lines of cigars to keep track of, i am not all that surprised.

on top of that, many cigar companies will only sell some blends to B&Ms and not to online. im not sure if this is the case here or not.
    This is correct, and CCOM is only about 13 years old. Also, truth be told, we get only one or two of some of this ultra rare stuff. I could go find more but it all depends on if I have customers asking for it. On things like these, we usually dont go to the hastle of creating a sku, a page, taking pictures just for the one box we get a year. Usually before I even realize we have them, Tim or someone snatches them or a customer calls and we part with the box before we even do the research.
  • Options
    docbp87:
    I just took a look at the packing list. Looks like some boxes of the following. Again, I cant backorder but if you call your reps or bug them, they will probably have some sort of call list.

Hemingway Signature Maduro
    Hemingway Classic Maduro
    Hemingway Masterpiece Maduro
    8-5-8 Rosado Sun Grown (going back to the point made by doc, it says both Rosado and Sun Grown on the packing list. Not sure what that means.
    Hemingway Classic Rosado
    Hemingway Signature Rosado